Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston  (Read 956 times)

donna54

Femoston
« on: January 28, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »

Hi everyone
Is there anyone at the moment taking femostom, after being on tibalone for 3 months every single bone in my body ached couldn't stand it any longer so I just stopped taking them.All was well up until just before Christmas all of the symptoms started again not that they had all fully gone as i still had the hot stickiness during the night but it was the emotional side of it and not wanting to get out of bed or speak to anyone. Went to the doctor's last week and he prescribed femostom I've looked up reviews on femostom and nearly every review was negative .

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
Femoston is a very poplular HRT type as the progesterone is kinder than many others so suits many women very well. If Femoston was problematic for too many women it wouldn't be prescribed - it's actually one of the best ones to try.
It's not a good idea to look at reviews of the various hrts - it tends to be only those that have trouble that post reviews. There will be many women using Femoston who are doing really well and don't feel they need to give feedback on the internet - they are getting on with their life. Everyone is different and will respond differently to the various HRTs available - it's always going to be about finding the HRT that gives the most benefits with the least side effects. DG x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:22:34 PM »

My neighbour recommended femoston she was on it for years it was fantastic and lots of ladies recommended it on here too so give it a go.
I tried it but sadly after 11 days I had to come off it but only because I went very depressed and anxious on the oestrogen part. Good luck with it though

Optimist

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »

I was on it for 4 months and would agree it's a good one to try. I did get low for a few weeks and had backache at first but that all disappeared (I was in the conti one 1/5). I had to stop it as I seem to have problems with the progesterone part of hrt to date. I'm having the Mirena fitted tomorrow to see if that helps with that part.
I'd definately give it a go. Good luck x

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »

I am on Femoston, but I take vit D (1000iu/25ug minimum), magnesium (occasionally, it causes tummy problems  :-\ ) and fish oils for the aching.

I had big aching problems on the progestogen part of Elleste, and ditched it part way through the 3rd month when it really hurt. As I started taking vit D at the time of the progestogen part of Femoston, I can never be sure it was the Femoston or the vitamin D but the aching improved.

Still comes back though.  >:(