Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Making patch stay on ?  (Read 6402 times)

Nellie Noo

Making patch stay on ?
« on: January 30, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

Morning ladies ... anyone know ....If i was to put a plaster over my femseven patch to make it stay on .. am i interferring with how the patch works ? Tia x

Spangles

Re: Making patch stay on ?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:26:19 AM »

I used those patches a few years ago, they were a nightmare for not sticking. I used surgical tape. I use evorel now and I don't have any issues with stickability.
xXx

racjen

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 07:55:34 AM »

I don't think putting a plaster on will help - if it's not adhering properly to the skin then the hormones won't be getting absorbed properly. They are terrible - compared with Evorel which I'm on, which I have a real struggle to remove each time! Some people say warming them with a hairdryer first helps; they didn't suit me anyway so I never found a solution. Sorry x

Spangles

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 07:58:23 AM »

Good point racjen, about absorption. I agree that evorel can be a struggle to get off, and you always get black marks where it's been!

Kwebst

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 08:50:27 AM »

Hiya
Put it on an area that won't wrinkle - I use the top of each bum cheek, slightly to the side. Warm your skin gently with a hair dryer, not the patch. No body lotion. Hold with the palm of your hand for 30 secs. Doing this I've hardly ever lost any. If they don't stick by themselves you won't get the hormones.
Best of luck!

racjen

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »

God yeah, those black marks with Evorel - terrible. I'm on 2 x 100 patches at the moment so I always seem to be covered in them. DOn't find baby oil gets them off - I soak in the bath and then scrub very gently with an old toothbrush!

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:55:23 AM »

I could never get patches to stick properly and I wasn't absorbing anything like enough oestrogen, that's why I switched to Oestrogel which I find more effective and more flexible.   

The horrid black marks were a nightmare to remove.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »

Thank you lovely ladies for your replies . I will try the hairdryer to warm my hands ... but if they are still problematic .. i am going to ask to change. Thank you x

Salad

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »

I used to change my Femseven patch every 5 days as I found the edges began lifting after that.
 The best I've found at sticking are Estradot - also a third of the size of other patches I've tried.

Kwebst

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »

Best to warm your butt cheek - not your hands. 🙂

Nellie Noo

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »

;D

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »

God yeah, those black marks with Evorel - terrible. I'm on 2 x 100 patches at the moment so I always seem to be covered in them. DOn't find baby oil gets them off - I soak in the bath and then scrub very gently with an old toothbrush!

They must be mahoosive! As Salad says Estradot are tiny by comprarison so the black marks aren't very big and easy to get off with baby oil (as long as the patch is applied to skin completely free of any oils or lotions or even shower cream).

I just use a warm hand (or a couple of fingers) for my 50 mcg estradot and that sticks them down fine. By the time I've put nix and jeans or something on - my body warmth does the rest and helps to keep it stuck (to butt cheek). I love my patches :)

Hurdity x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 07:22:05 AM »

Thanks Hurdity ! As i mentioned in another post , there is a supply problem with femseven, ( was told this after i wrote the post !) as i have been ringing around different pharmacies and tried and failed to get hold of manufacter with no joy .. i am off to the doctors today to ask for estradot . Really nervous about using utrogestan ..... and i know my gp will have probably never heard of it . I can just see her face when i mention ladies use it vaginally  :-\