Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feels like breath taken away  (Read 1569 times)

4meSons

Feels like breath taken away
« on: January 27, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »

For the past few mornings I've woken up feeling like I can't catch my breath. This is a new symptom on me and don't know if it's meno related or something else. The only way I can describe it really is like that feeling when you experience cold water and it sort of takes your breath away . It wakes me up and is not distressing as such  but is uncomfortable and annoying, once I'm fully awake its gone. I don't have asthma and this is the only time it happens on waking x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feels like breath taken away
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »

It could be an anxiety surge or the hormone that wakes us - can't remember the name  ::) - waking you suddenly.  It is painful?

Prior to each period I would find it difficult to breath 'properly'.  I think a build up of fluid .......... have you tried singing, loudly?  It makes the body breath correctly.

4meSons

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »

Cortisol CLKD
No it's not painful it's more annoying as it means I have to wake up properly and if I've struggled to get to sleep the night before I could do with a couple of extra hours
I'm just finishing a period now so I don't know if it's related. I know we can blame meno for a lot of things when sometimes it isn't x

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »

Could it be sleep apnea?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 04:43:47 PM »

My husband had that due to being over-weight.  I would wake when he stopped breathing in the night  ::) and always had to poke him, in case  :D

Annika

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:54:02 AM »

I would have said apnea as my hubby has it too and sleeps with a mask on. Do you know if you snore a lot thats usually a sign?