Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 2220 times)

Bellababe

Headaches
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:10:31 PM »

Hi I've been peri for probably over 2 years and on a few different hrt's for 1.5yrs - currently using 3 Estrogel pumps and feeling good for 3 months and about to start Utrogestan instead of Provera. This week for the first time I have experienced headaches starting at roughly the same time every late afternoon - for 5 days so far. How do I know if these are caused by high or low levels of Estrogen? 

aspie65

Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »

From the little I know your headaches could be caused by either high or low estrogen which I know is of no help to you.  All I can add is that I am on oestrogel and found I got hot the same time each afternoon when I was taking my pumps first thing and last thing of the day.  I then changed to both pumps at the time the heat started (not convenient) but it does seem to have helped.  Maybe you could change when you take the gel to see if that helps?!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »

I got more heartaches when I used higher doses of oestrogen. Why have you switched to Utrogestan?  Did Provera give too many side effects?
If you have started the Utrogestan, the headaches could be to do with this!?
If you are still peri meno, then you own hormones may have kicked in a bit, so you are getting a spike in you oestrogen levels.  DG x

Bellababe

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 05:59:09 PM »

Thank you both for replying. I stopped Provera as it gave unpleasant side effects - but not headaches! I am due to start Utrogestan in 2 days time. Yes I too wondered if it was my own hormones kicking in as haven't suffered with headaches since starting Estrogel. Also thought about changing time when to apply Estrogel...?? Will have to monitor I think and see if/when they appear in the month. thank you x

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »

If you are using Oestrogel at night then it could be that it tails off in the late afternoon which would indicate low oestrogen is causing the headaches.  You could try splitting the dose by (roughly) 12 hours to see if that makes a difference.

Bellababe

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:30 PM »

Thanks Mary - I was thinking the same so will consider splitting dose if headaches continue.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »

Headaches can be caused if the body isn't hydrated enough.

Bellababe

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 08:36:20 PM »

Thanks for suggestion but I've always been good at drinking 1.5litres of water a day. They have calmed down after 6 days so will monitor and see if they return next month- still think it's my own hormones fluctuating. Thank you x