Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Changing from Estrogel to Estradot - good idea?  (Read 7397 times)

Noheroicsplease

Changing from Estrogel to Estradot - good idea?
« on: January 25, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »

I've decided to try the patch (i use gel) to see if I get a more consistent delivery of estrogen - see if that improves my mood.

Has anyone done that and felt better?

If I am on two pumps a day, what amount should I get of the Evorel patches?

Annie0710

Re: Changing from Estrogel to Estradot - good idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »

Estradot or Evorel ?

I've tried Estradot 75mcg and felt ok'ish and am now on 2.5 pumps of gel so I'd guess at 50-75mcg Estradot x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:40:57 PM »

oh, for some reason i thought they were the same thing!

Thanks Annie. Did you change to gel because gel works better for you? Did you get side effects from the patch? Thank you.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »

I went in the opposite direction.   I used a patch similar to Evorel but it didn't stick properly and I couldn't get enough oestrogen out of it -  even 100 mcg wasn't any good.

I think Oestrogel is fantastic and would never go back to patches.   Have you tried splitting the gel dose?

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »

Hi,

I do two pumps - one in morning, the other in evening. I find it takes ages to dry on my skin. I also wonder if I should be having more than 2 pumps, but I don't know how to create the time for more pumps!

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »

Noheroicsplease, before changing to patches, try increasing the gel dose -  that's the thing, it is very dose flexible meaning you have more control over it.   I would try 2 pumps in the morning and then 1 top up pump in the evening - I'm suggesting that because half pumps are difficult.  Try and do different locations each time, for example, I do upper, outer arms at night and upper inner thighs in the morning which is great for VA.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to dry if you give it a reasonable spread i. e. don't leave it in a blob.

Make sure you have Oestrogel and not Oestrodose which is thicker and takes longer to dry.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »

Mary Gs right about oestrogel v oestrodose

I changed from Estradot (fantastic adhesion) to oestrogel because I needed to find my correct dose.  The fact of smearing on a gel put me off for ages but I'd never go back to patches now, it's part of my morning routine.  Make sure you smear over a good area as it cuts down drying time, I don't find the half pump a problem, I get my 2 pumps on my outer though then pump a bit for the half, it's never exact but maybe I'm not sensitive enough to notice tiny differences each day.  2 pumps would still give me night sweats, that little extra half pump stops them x

Salad

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 04:51:24 PM »

Hi  :)

I changed from gel to patches and definitely found it to be a more consistent dose.

I went from 4+ pumps of gel to a 75 mcg patch.

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 05:43:43 PM »

Thanks all.

I think I might ask the doc to try the patches for a week, see how it feels. I might go for a 50? If I'm currently on 2 pumps?

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »

There are occasionally supply issues in some areas with Estradot, it only happened to me once and fortunately I had some spares, if 50mcg isn't enough snip some off another a new one (and save the rest of it) until you find what you're better on x

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 07:13:30 PM »

Hi noheroicsplease I answered partially on your other similar thread.....I would go for 75 mcg patch but as Annie0710 says there have been supply problems. Also if you decide to stick with gel then why not try Sandrena which is more concentrated so a bit less of an area to spread? One and a half sachets of 1 mg Sandrena gives 1.5 mg the same as 2 pumps of estrogel - and you might absorb this better. If I was to use gel I would choose Sandrena over Estrogel for this reason.

Annie0710 that's what I do - 1 1/4 patches - lots of snipping!

Hurdity x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 09:04:39 AM »

Thanks all.

Sorry Hurdity, I thought that other post got deleted, hence starting this one.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 08:18:39 PM »

No need to apologise - it's just on the next page back on this board - I was just letting you know to save repeating myself! Let us know what you decide in terms of patches gel and dosage, and how it goes if you change dosage/regime. Hope you manage to sort out what to do so that you feel better :)

Hurdity x

Diana

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »

Hi, Does anyone have problems getting hold of Estrodot 75mg or 50mg.?
I much prefer this patch to the Estraderm as they are smaller and stick much better.
Each time I get a 3 month prescription I am given the run around by chemists,1st
saying yes they can get it and then a phone call to say sorry supply probs.
My daughter would like to change to the 100mg Estrodot, is there a prob with thse as well?

Any advice would be good....Thank you!
Diana

Jinja

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »

I changed from the gel to patches. I saw a private doctor they said 2 pumps was equivalent to a everol 50 patch. I'm actually on everol 100 so equivalent to 4 pumps. I believe the everol patches are bigger than the estradot but that doesn't bother me and ive never had a problem with them sticking
I actually prefer the patches as it fits into my routine better but am just about to add 2 pumps of gel as well so I've got to get use to it again
Pages: [1] 2