Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No period on cyclical HRT  (Read 6238 times)

aspie65

No period on cyclical HRT
« on: January 28, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »

I have just finished my first month on 2 pumps of oestrogel and 12 days of 100mg utrogestan.  I was expecting some sort of bleed around 4 days after I'd finished the utrogestan but it is now day 6 and despite a few ominous griping pains I've had zero blood or any sort of discharge.  During the month I suspected that 2 pumps of oestrogel was not doing much as I was hot most of the time so could this be a result of my body failing to produce any endometrial lining OR is it because I didn't take enough utrogestan?  Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Dotty

Re: No period on cyclical HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »

Hi I thought it was 12 days of 200 mg

aspie65

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

I originally saw Prof Studd who only prescribed 7 days of 100mg with 3 pumps of oestrogel.  I then saw my GP and we decided to try 2 pumps to start with and take more utrogestan to be safe.  I am so fed up with getting mixed advice and then having to figure out what I need to do on my own.  I guess next month I'll try 200mg?!

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »

If you saw Professor Studd I would stick with what he said . You paid for his advice and he is the expert

NinaH

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »

It's worth noting that 15% of women don't bleed on a sequential regime.

As to Professor studd - well he may be an expert but the regime of 7 days of 100mg utrogestan is not what is advocated by the nhs. That dose is for progesterone intolerance which not everyone suffers from.

Just to make other readers aware!

aspie65

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »

What is the NHS recommendation please Mamachunk?

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »

NHS recommendation is 200mg for 12 days (peri menopause) or 100mg for 25 days out of 28 (post menopause)

aspie65

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »

Thanks.

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »

apsie65, the Professor Studd dose of 7 days 100mg Utrogestan has always been enough for me (confirmed by numerous scans) and I get a very good bleed on that dose.  That dose is enough for most women but the NHS have to cover themselves with a 'catch all' dose because obviously there will be women who need more progesterone to get good lining clearance.  The NHS don't routinely offer uterine scans and have to work on worst case scenario. 

Re your question, it sounds like the Utrogestan is doing its job if you are getting a cramping feeling and you could still bleed, it can take a while.  If you have only just started on this regime then it could be that you have not built up very much lining so there isn't anything to shed.  Are you using the Utrogestan vaginally?  It works better when used that way and has fewer side effects.  12 days of 100mg Utrogestan used vaginally would definitely be enough to shift the lining if there was anything there to shift.  If you took it orally then there is a slight possibility you didn't process it properly but I doubt it. 

If two pumps of Oestrogel doesn't give you any relief after another month or so, perhaps you need to think about increasing the dose. 

See what happens but don't worry about it. 

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »

I agree with Mary G. I am on 1 pump of oestrogel and 100mg Utro x 12 days and I always get a bleed but some days it takes about a week after I have finished to start, keep at it, I def would not up to 200mg just yet, give it a chance, the oestrogel will build up in your system as well after a while.

aspie65

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:39 AM »

Thank your Mary G and Cassie that is really useful information.