Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan at same time as oestrogel  (Read 6195 times)

aspie65

Utrogestan at same time as oestrogel
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:52:44 AM »

I noted this instruction with my utrogestan and it isn't really convenient for me.  Can anyone tell me why I should take them at the same time and how important it is please?

Dancinggirl

Re: Utrogestan at same time as oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

It means you take on the same day - not the same time of day - these leaflets can be confusing.  You will be using Oestrogel every day (either morning or evening) but the Utrogestan for either for 10-12 days each month (sequi version) or every day(conti version).
Utrogestan has to taken at night before bed( it can have a sedative effects) but you can use the Oestrogel either morning or evening. Hope that helps.  DG x

aspie65

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:50:03 PM »

Oh I am such a dufus!  I took it literally and was applying the gel and then taking the tablet at the exact same time!!!

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »

aspie65, that's aspie literalness for you.

aspie65

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »

Exactly  ;D

crazywomen

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »

Hi I have been prescribed these today stressing myself about taking it ?? Doctor said to take utrogesten for 1 to 25 days of cycle I haven't had a period since August so I assume it means from day one ?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »

Crazy women - if your last period was in August then you are still peri menopause so you should be using a sequential regime. The 1-25 days of Utrogestan is the conti regime for post menopause women - are you over 54?
Do contact your doctor again if need be but you should probably be using a sequential regime.  Oestrogel is every day - starting today. If you are doing the continuous regime you take the Utrogestan 100mg on days 1-25 and use oestrogel alone for days 26-28 - you may get a bit of a bleed during these last few days. If doing a sequi regime - you add Utrogestan on days 17-28 @ 200mg (if you have 100mg capsules you will need to use 2 per dose from Day 17- 28 of the cycle. You should then get a proper withdrawal bleed a day or Day after you finish the Utrogestan phase.
If you look under the TREATMENT section on this site, in progesterones section you will see the instructions.
DG x
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:20:08 PM by Dancinggirl »

crazywomen

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »

Hi thanks for the reply I have read the instructions doctor was supposed to ring me back but hasn't,I will have to wait until Monday x

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »

crazywomen, I just posted on your thread.  So you managed to get the Oestrogel/Utrogestan regime?  Normally you start with Oestrogel only for a while before starting the Utrogestan.