Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Allergic to Oestrogen  (Read 6004 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Allergic to Oestrogen
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

I was the same on femoston and elleste I never got as far as the progesterone because I was so ill on the oestrogen part. I have been prescribed oestrigel utrogestan regime after recommendation on here but have yet to start as other health problems to sort first. Plus my main reason for hrt is delayed onset sleep and anxiety which hrt isn't known to help much with so I'm holding off until things get worse

knorman

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

Spoke with Dr yesterday, she is speaking to their head pharmacist, hopefully in time for next appointment tomorrow morning. I have a really good Dr and she is determined to get to the bottom of this and get me back on HRT. I'll report back tomorrow. Where oestrogen is leaving my system, the night heats were quite bad last night and I know they will become worse, due the the order in which they improved. Peroxideblader, let me know how you get on with the new combination once you have starte and I hope your other health problems are resolved soon.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 02:45:40 PM »

Thank you ..and let us know how you get on too..I might give femoston another go as the high dose utrogestan the nhs has prescribed scares me with all the bad side effects at such high dose. They prescribe 11 days at 200mg orally can't use vaginal route with me having overactive bladder. It's all such a horrid thing isn't it

knorman

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 04:01:15 PM »

My Dr has not been able to speak with the pharmacist as yet, but I am back to see the Dr in 3 weeks time.  I have just posted the following under the utrogestan/estrogel thread:

Hello I am due to start utrogestan/estrogel in a few days.  Trying the estrogel, as after a few false starts with Elleste Duet/Solo and a Femseven patch, it appears that oestrogen is causing me a problem (very intense burning, tingling tongue and lips), although originally we thought it was the progesterone in the combined tablet and patch. I should take the utrogestan 25 days out of a 28 day cycle, but in order to see if the oestrogen really is the problem, was going to delay taking the estrogel without the utrogestan for 7 days to see if symptoms reappear. I have had andomyosis in the past, so concerned about womb thickening.  This only occurred to me once I had left the Dr surgery so didn't ask the question at the time. Very nervous about the new combination as if this doesn't work, I'm not sure there are any other options left for me. I hope this makes sense!

Meeka

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »

When I first started using oestrogel I was per-menopausal and after about 2 months of use I had awful urticarial rash (hives).   I thought it was the oestrogel as nothing else had changed in my life.  I was advised by gynea that it would be the 'carrier' gel used in the product rather than the oestrogen itself.  I did think that maybe it could of been that my oestrogen levels had got too high because at this time was in in peri and also using 4 pumps as instructed and a blood test at that time showed high levels.    I stopped using it for a few weeks and then decided to try again and I have never had a problem again, very odd. 

knorman

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »

I am really hoping that my body makeup changes at some point and I will be ok with whatever I take! Thank you Meeka.
Pages: 1 [2]