Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anger Issues  (Read 3236 times)

Ruby67

Anger Issues
« on: January 21, 2018, 03:49:20 PM »

Hi, first time posting. I'm just wondering if anyone else has anger issues in peri. Im 51, still have periods but have been having a few symptoms for a couple of years now, insomnia, painful breasts etc. Recently, I've been getting extremely angry, to the point I've had massive arguments with loved ones which are really upsetting me but I can't seem to stop myself ranting. Then I go into a massive downer and cry all the time. Anyone feel the same:(

Aggie

Re: Anger Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »

Hi Ruby,

I'm usually a question asker on here rather than an advice giver but I just wanted to say that I could have written your post prior to starting HRT minus the arguing and crying. It's horrible isn't it 😩 I found I just felt ANGRY the whole time for no reason, especially driving or being out and about if people were getting in my way etc... I used to be soooo laid back before peri 😢.  HRT has greatly improved my breast pain, I sleep all night with waking at 4am like I was, but I'm on such a low dose of Estradiol sadly although I thought my anger issues had resolved I think a lot of it must have been placebo for me in the first few months.

You've come to the right place though.  There are loads of really supportive knowledgeable people on here who will give you great advice.  I've found that talking about how agitated I feel at really helps.  My poor husband now understands that if I'm snappy it's just hormones or lack of, and I still love him lots.  Best wishes xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »

Yep.   I could fly at a moment's notice.  Things that wouldn't bother me in my menstruating years would suddenly become a HUGE issue 2/3 days prior to a bleed.  HORMONES  >:(  ::).

Eating properly can reduce this somewhat.  Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Ruby67

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »

Hi Aggie and CLKD, thanks so much for ur replies. It helps to know im not alone and u understand how I feel. Im usually a happy person, outwith a few days pmt mood swings but this has thrown me, I feel out of control. Im seeing GP this week as I take thyroid meds and maybe these need to be adjusted too. I'll do as u say and educate myself on here and start looking at my diet too. Thanks for listening.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  Maybe take a list to your GP?

Bettythecat

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »

Hi Ruby yes I could also have written your post. And thinking about it makes me realise I'd felt like this for years and was probably edging towards menopause without knowing it. I had lots of irrational anger at minor things - a lot of it targeted at my husband who is patient to a degree but also fights back when he feels I'm being unfair. The worst thing was I was like a dog with a bone. I couldn't let things go and couldn't forgive what I felt was an attack on me. Now I'm 4 months on HRT and realise I'm so much calmer. I'm laughing again and taking a joke instead of being offended and angry. I don't think he believes I'm not going to fly into a rage at something insignificant again. This is an interesting journey and demands forgiveness on both sides. Keep going Ruby and I hope you find the right solution for you xxx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »

Don't get me started on how often I shout 'at' the TV  :o

Prozac made me angry too  :cuss:

Once the bleed began, the anger would disappear

Ruby67

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »

Good idea, I'll write down my symptoms and questions coz no doubt I'll start bubbling and forget everything as soon as I walk in the door lol.
And yes Bettythecat, dog with a bone is a perfect description of me right now. So unlike me as I can usually brush silly unimportant things off coz its wasted  energy...instead I'm having a full scale rant about them. I'm exhausted lol. Thanks again x

Aggie

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »

It's soooo great to know you're not the only one feeling angry huh?  I'm quite an open person and discuss meno symptoms with peers and of the myriad of symptoms that can be experienced, anger doesn't seem to be one of the more common ones (unless I haven't read enough posts on here?)

I have a small understanding of the workings of CBT (the go to therapy these days for extreme emotions) but even that doesn't help.  Even an unexpected noise can make my blood boil!  No rationalising that! 😩.

Ruby67

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 08:52:44 PM »

Yeah Aggie it doesn't seem to be as common as other symptoms thats why I plucked up the courage to post my first question coz thought it might just be me turning into a crazy angry person  >:(

Aggie

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:33 PM »

Well done for plucking up the courage Ruby... it's so hard to accept that in a sense we've lost some of who we were and deal with the fact that HRT may or may not alleviate all of our symptoms (in my case not) and ironically it's the one I really hoped would improve, and temporarily I thought it had, but no such luck unfortunately - but thankful for better sleep and improvement on a few other fronts. 👍😄

am#

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »

Hi yes i often feel the same , some days i probably fly off the handle more then i should , but alot is also to do with others at home not helping out with housework etc , i seem much calmer now the last 2 weeks everyone seems to be helping out but i wonder if the feeling on edge all the time will come back  ???

dahliagirl

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »

My mother was a crazy angry person - it is probably one of the unspoken drivers behind me taking hrt  :-X

As well as listing symptoms, it is a good idea to keep a diary of symptoms and moods. It put it all into context so that you can step back and see it.

One of the things with menopause is that when the bad symptoms pass, you forget they are there, and vice versa.

Ruby67

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 06:25:41 PM »

Honestly cant believe the change in me, I'm saying things out loud to people that I would never have said before and its not nice...I dont like people like me lol. Im going to GP tomorrow, hopefully I can get some help with the symptoms. Thanks for everyone's replies, its good to share 😃

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »

I remember Simon [who was badly burned in the disaster on the Sir Galahad] saying that his Mum 'could make toast with her breath'.  Yep.  So could I at times  ::) [why can't I remember his surname  :'(]
Pages: [1] 2