Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Absorbing Utrogestan  (Read 985 times)

Sid

Absorbing Utrogestan
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »

Hi

I wonder if anyone else absorbs Utrogestan poorly if they take it orally?  I am now 55 and wanted to move onto a continuous regime to avoid a monthly bleed.  I started to take the Utrogestan orally as did not want to take vaginally every day. I half expected some issues with absorption as when I first went onto sequential HRT 2 years ago (still in peri) I found that I started to bleed on day 8 of taking the Utrogestan orally. I switched to taking it vaginally and this resolved the problem. However, I would now prefer a continuous regime and, reading that absorption can be greater with food, I started taking the Utrogestan orally every day with my evening meal. Unfortunately, I found that after about 6 weeks of this I had a significant bleed.  Not sure whether to continue or go back to sequential regime. I am not keen on a Mirena.  Any advice much welcomed.

Sparkler

Re: Absorbing Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »

Hi there

How do you know it's an absorption issue, if you don't mind me asking. I am intrigued to see replies from others as I do not bleed on track with utrogestan either, often starting to bleed days 7 or 8 of the Utro. I have been referred for a Biopsy following ultrasound as my bleeding is not on schedule, but I wonder if I could be struggling to absorb the Utro orally.

Looking forward to seeing your progress and others' responses.

Sparkler
X

Sid

Re: Absorbing Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:57:21 PM »

Hiya

I always assumed it was an absorption issue because if I take the same dose vaginally my bleeds arrive perfectly.  If I take it orally I get break through / early bleeds  >:(