Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Recently started on Femoston 2/10  (Read 1089 times)

thecat1227

Recently started on Femoston 2/10
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:44:00 AM »

I have previously been on Estrogel (day 5-25 of cycle) and Utrogestan (200 mg, day 15-25 of cycle). I'm not menopausal, but still having pretty regular periods although terrible symtoms of "going through the change" (just turned 49). Since going on Femoston, I no longer have terrible night sweats, but can sleep through the night, and feel better overall - calmer and more energetic at the same time. Taking HRT continuously seems to work better for me than Estrogel + Utrogestan cyclically.
However, whereas I would get my period during the ten days I stopped using HRT, I now sometimes end up taking the brown pills (E + P) during the first two weeks of cycle, and the white (E) pills during the last two weeks of cycle...in order words, quite the opposite of how I was using Estrogel and Utrogestan.
Is that a problem?

Hurdity

Re: Recently started on Femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57:31 PM »

It's not a problem as such although it does mean that you are taking the progestogen part of the HRT and then producing your own from ovulation and therefore having more progestogen for more of the time. If you feel well then it's not a problem as long as you are getting a proper bleed. If you want to try to get in sync with your own cycle then when you've finished the next pack start with the combi pills first and see if that enables you to bleed at the "right" time. This may well mean you end up with a few days of more pms as you change-over to the oestrogen only pills and your own progesterone has dropped - but it really depends on your own body and how you feel at the moment with the way things are?

Hurdity x