Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ellese duo- your experiences  (Read 789 times)

Debbiemc

Ellese duo- your experiences
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

Hi, I've been taking this for approx 1 year. I find that towards the end of the packet, when taking the green tablets, progestogen I believe, my anxiety levels go through the roof. Anyone else find this, or is it just me! Really struggling with anxiety.  :'(

Thank you!

aspie65

Re: Ellese duo- your experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:40:30 AM »

I'm not ellese duo but find the end of the progesterone phase is my PMT like week and for me my anxiety rockets.  Sorry I can't help you more but I can sympathise.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »

Hi there debbiemc

As aspie65 and you are experiencing some women find that the progestogens used in some HRT gives them pms type symptoms. The one in Elleste Duet is norethisterone which is notorious for causing problems. These tablets in the second pahse also contain oestrogen which helps minimise the usual lows experienced at the end of the cycle. it might be time to try a different type? Femoston contains a progestogen that is often better tolerated as it is more similar to our own progesterone and comes in two strengths 1/10 or 2/10 so you could try the dose which is the same as the Wlleste yuou are currently taking?

Hurdity x

Debbiemc

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »

Thank you so much for your replies.
I did see my GP a few months ago to say anxiety was as bad as before I began HRT. I asked if maybe I should change tablets. She sent me for blood tests and a scan, to see if anything untoward was going on. It wasn't. She was reluctant to change my prescription. Maybe it's time to go back.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:19 PM »

She was reluctant to change my prescription. Maybe it's time to go back.

Yes it is time to go back! Whose body is it for heavens sake! You are doing the best thing possible to help yourself by finding out as much as you can and you've been trying this type for one year. Please ask for a different preparation with a different progestogen in it, and don't take no for an answer....

What you don't want is for her to prescribe medication to ease anxiety if the anxiety is caused or exacerbated by the HRT itself - you need to get the HRT right first so that you feel as well as you can.

Sorry about the typos in my last post - I don't seem to see them so much when I read my repsonses before posting - must wear better glasses!

Hurdity x