Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mirena and oestrogen  (Read 1214 times)

LW44

Mirena and oestrogen
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »

Hi All

Ive not posted for a while been muddling along.. I currently take 1mg of oestrogen  only tabs, i am peri meno and have been for about 3 years (47 now)  my consultant has said he is no longer happy giving me just the oestrogen only as i still have my womb and i need to introduce progestrone.. unfortunately when i initially started a combined hrt nearly 3 yrs ago i had horrendous side effects with the progesteone.. racing heart high blood pressure heightened anxiety and oanic attacks.. hence why i was told to immediately stop the combined.. The comsultant now wants me to have the mirena coul fitted to protect my womb.. but im terrified .. ive googled and seen the side effects.. i have a tendency towards anxiety as it is and do not want it to heighten again when I introduce the progestrone from the mirena.. Any advice ladies or experience? Thank you so much

Stephjkm

Re: Mirena and oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:06:38 AM »

I had a mirena I'd fitted just over a year ago for heavy periods. It wasn't a painless procedure but has so been worth it. I have no side effects and no bleeding.

For every horror story you read online there are hundreds of us who are happy with our choice.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

aspie65

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »

I don't have the mirena coil but everyone I know who has one is very happy including my own GP.  They don't get any periods either.  I wish I had tried it when it was suggested to me many years ago.  Just remember you can always have it removed if you have a bad time.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »

I had the Mirena in post meno and apart from feeling a bit sedated for the first few weeks it was as great. DG x

LW44

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »

:) Thank you your replies reassure me , i have had the copper coil for 12 years and no probs.  It is just the progestrone part of the mirena that worries me xx