Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cut my patch in desperation but spotting already  (Read 748 times)

Sarai

Cut my patch in desperation but spotting already
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:40:34 AM »

Seriously I don't think I can take much more, I don't. I was going along nicely on my Evorel Conti but I had spotting each month. So had hysteroscopy which was done wrong, so no results actually. But from then my body has gone crazy, so hormonal so I came to the conclusion I needed to change and the Drs appointment is Tuesday.
Yesterday I cut my patch in half in desperation as anxiety was crazy, plus I have other health issues too dragging me down.
Today spotting starting, I'm so tearful I feel like I'm 16 again. That damn hysteroscopy wrecked my status quo.
I can't take much more of this, I really can't.

Ronsmum

Re: Cut my patch in desperation but spotting already
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »

That's awful Sarai, I too had spotting and a period on a full patch of Evorel Conti.
When I cut the bugger in half, it took about a week to settle down.
Nothing after that at all.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »

Hi Sarai - I think you did say you already had a bit of spotting on the full patch and did you also say you had a slightly thickened womb lining? If you had not yet properly settled on the 50 mcg patch dose then a reduction in the progestogen cvould cause the spotting and you may get a bit more bleeding - or it might have happened anyway as it is such a short time since reducing the patch? or - like Ronsmum - it might eventually stop!

Hang in there until your doc appointment and hopefully together you can come up with a type of HRT and dose that will eventually prevent all the problems you've been having and also protect your bones which is what you are wanting....

Hurdity x

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »

Thank you Hurdity for tirelessly answering all my silly questions.