Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sex and period question .....  (Read 1112 times)

KAH

Sex and period question .....
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:02 PM »

Hi ladies,
For those who I haven't chatted with before, I'm peri and am still having regular periods, although they are quite often a day early and then I bleed fairly heavily for a day or 2, then very very lightly for another 3 or 4 days.
My question is, I'm due on my period on Saturday but had sex last night, woke up this morning and was bleeding. I'm assuming it's my period come early as it's happened a couple of times when having sex within 2 of 3 days of due date. Is that normal? Just wondering why sex would make my period come early??
I've not noticed any bleeding after sex any other time of cycle, although have been having a lot of left sided ovary pain and lower back ache that I was thinking of approaching the doctor about.
I do suffer with health anxiety so trying to not think too much about it but thought I'd see if it's a common thing before booking an appt with GP.

Thank you xx

Hurdity

Re: Sex and period question .....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:32 AM »

Hi KAH

A tricky one this - because if your period is coming a few days early then it's difficult to say. Normally the advice is any bleeding after sex should be investigated - although in your case it does sound like a proper period. I would check with the doc just to be on the safe side and explain what you have done here, and you can ask about the pain at the same time.

Hurdity x