Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New and confused...  (Read 1826 times)

coansha

New and confused...
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »

HI LADIES AND THANKS FOR THE ADD
After trying to ignore my pirimenopause symptoms as was coping until 18 months ago, I decided enough and am giving the hrt a chance at improving things, as I'm about to get back into fitness(I'm 51)  after a year renovating and letting it slip....as have signed up for family team of tough mudder.
I'll try to keep it short( I'm a talker) but would really appreciate advice as saw gyno before Xmas and only just collected my prescription so forgotten most of his instructions ( no memory..there's a surprise) so here goes.
Usual list of symptoms, tired, forgetful, mood swings, poor sleep, dryness in my lady Garden which is also going through a drought action wise as still getting periods plus bleeding/shedding up to 10 days before it actually arrives, then heavy period for up to a week, which given my husband works on an oil rig means zero chance of any love in the afternoon. Probably more chance of a lottery win!
I know you should start wearing patch on first day of period but given the shedding would you start when full on bleeding begins?
Has anyone else had similar symptoms and have they improved, any other advice gratefully received, sorry if it's TMI but I need to get my life back...

Thanks again!

Dancinggirl

Re: New and confused...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Yep - you are having very typical peri meno symptoms.

I would try starting the first patch when the bleeding has fully started - in the peri stage it is very difficult to know when to start things to be honest but if you do have a cycle it's worth trying to dovetail things.   Hopefully this HRT will help - it often takes time for your body to adjust and settle  so give it at least 3 months.  If this HRT doesn't suit you e.g.too many side effects - there are plenty of options. You may be really surprised how quickly you start to feel better.
Good luck. DG x

Hurdity

Re: New and confused...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:34:16 AM »

Hi coansha

:welcomemm: from me too

Hurdity x