Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: SAD  (Read 1028 times)

Spangles

SAD
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:26 AM »

Hi,
I'm really struggling this winter with SAD, I already take an AD as well as HRT.
I don't want to go to the GP as they will only change or give me more melds which I don't want.
Do any of you lovely ladies suffer in winter and if so what do you to to feel better?
I'm just consumed with a fear of worsening depression  at the moment and I don't want it to get worse.
It seems to be worse with meno?
Also do meno symptoms worsen the further into the peri you go? I've been 4-5yrs now.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Woodlands

Re: SAD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:56:40 AM »

Hi Shelby.
I have two friends who suffer with SAD...they both use light boxes for about an hour a day, stick to their routines and know it will get better when the weather changes ...as it will for you.
Big hugs
Woodlands xx

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:57:48 AM »

Thank you xXx

tazerqueen

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »

Hiya, don't know if it gets worse with menopause but I woke up this morning at 7am saw it was still dark and literally couldn't drag myself out of bed. I can't bear the darkness in the mornings.
My daughter, 22, has suffered from SAD since she was a teen. She uses St. John's Wort when it gets overwhelming as otherwise she can't study properly- she's currently in her second year of university.
You can get it from various online sellers, happy to give some suggestions if you like. Do NOT buy it from Holland and Barrett, I worked there and they are a total rip-off!
Hope this helps.

bramble

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

I quite like the winter as I feel it gives me an excuse to be lazy! In the summer when the weather is good I always feel as though I should be out doing things but when it is grey, cold and miserable I can quite happily spend the days reading or knitting or a host of other indoor things without feeling guilty.

Bramble

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »

Hello Shelb.

Yes my mood is noticeably lower on a grey day and I always feel better when the sun is shining, even a winter sun.  I think at this time in our lives we are more sensitivite to any changes in our sense of well being and  so  are more alert to any dips in our mood.

Hopefully the sun will be out soon.

Take care.

K.