Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 4am!  (Read 1585 times)

Spangles

4am!
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:13:24 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I am constauwaking at 4am, it doesn't may how early or late I go to sleep, it's always 4am.
I'm getting frustrated because by the time afternoon comes I'm exhausted at work.
Tried all sorts to get back to sleep, does anyone have any ideas/advice?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

aspie65

Re: 4am!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »

I wake early and sometimes with a real rush of adrenaline. Other days I am just normal wide awake.  Sometimes I can cope but other times, when I can I take a tiny dose (25mg) of pregabalin and it sends me back to sleep for a couple more hours.  I then find I can cope much better with the rest of the day.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:50:42 AM »

That 4am wake up seems to be quite normal when meno hits.  I think it's also to do with our step rhythms  - so we enter a different state in our sleep pattern so more likely to wake and stay awake.
Have you tried Nytol - not the herbal one but the one you get from behind the counter? Taking that for a couple of nights might break the habit?
DG x

Lucy

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »

yep this happens to me. including last night- when i saw your post. Its hard. If its a work day I have to get up at 7 so I just mooch the five hours away as best I can, if its a weekend I might take a bit of Diazepam. or if I ve got the slightest cold, night nurse will knock me out but leaves me groggy in the morning

I think its a pretty common experience in menopause, I wake very anxious and its horrible. Valarian tea does help. Make sure you get enough excercise and sunlight in the day (hard at this time of year)- that really helps me and then wind down reading and not online. That said if I wake- I rely on a bit of online sympathy

let us know how you get on you have my sympathies

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »

Just to say this happened to me for about 6 weeks straight.  I would wake at maybe 1:00am then 4:00am. I started taking Bachs Rescue Remedy (Boots) - just a couple of drops. I think this is probably just a placebo but it made me feel like I was doing something about it and is harmless in itself.  Eventually my sleep patterns changed again and now I maybe wake to go to the loo once but then go straight back to sleep. I think sleep disturbances are party of the hormone changes. Stress certainly made mine worse but when you are tired it is hard not to be stressed. I try to go to bed earlier e.g. 9:30pm and read for a while so I get a few extra hours.

jillyt39

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 07:11:48 PM »

Hi

I am or should i say was the same up until a couple of weeks ago. I cut down on caffeine, only having coffee/tea in the morning and then drinking water or fruit teas in the afternoon. At 8pm or thereabouts i have a chamomile tea and by 10pm I am ready for bed and have started sleeping to my alarm at 6am. This maybe a fluke but its worth a try  :)

Spangles

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:35 AM »

Hi yes I only drink chamomile tea, I don't have caffeine and I can't take Nytol or anything like that as it has the opposite effect on me due to my AD's. I'm sure winter is a factor as my mood is also low.
I'm just so fed up of it! I really do struggle at this time of year, I'm 50 in a couple of weeks and that's not helping either!
We booked a cruise for April and I just feel sick at the thought of it, I never used to be like this.
Menopause is just so horrid.
I'm sorry for ranting.
xXx

racjen

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »

You have my sympathy - I drink no caffeine whatsoever, even took a prescription sleeping tablet last night and yet I still woke at 4am. I'm ending up listening to an awful lot of early morning radio...