Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause  (Read 879 times)

Patricia H

Menopause
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:28 PM »

Hi,I am 53 with no sign of the menopause ending.
Had two periods in November and thought that was a sign but had a period as normal in December.
I have a 5cm dermoid ovarian cyst and was wondering if it played a part in periods still happening?
I did see a gynaecologist some time ago,he said I needed the cyst removed but not until I had lost six stone,I have managed to lose three stone but struggling to continue to lose weight as I feel bloated and constipated.
I am 54 in May and see no sign of the menopause,periods every 23/25 days.I should add I started my periods age 11 and a half.

Hurdity

Re: Menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

Hi Patricia H -  I answered on your other thread but there was less info on there! I see you've said what your periods are doing. If your periods have become closer together ie 22/23 days is a fairly recent happening - then this is a sure sign you are almost at peri-menopause. Periods on average become closer together during the late reproductive stage (ovulation still occurring reguarly, ovaries still functioning but beginning to struggle and hormones start to go awry). Working towards a healthy BMI is the best thing you can do for your future health as you approach peri-menopause and to reduce all sorts of health risks as I expect you know.  WELL DONE  for losing 3 stone - what an amazing achievement!! Maybe start on a different diet plan and aim for a slower weight loss - little steps towards your goal, and small increases in exercise weekly until you feel better? Do keep posting if you need encouragement to do this!

Hurdity x

Nellie Noo

Re: Menopause
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:06:23 PM »

Well done Patricia H on your amazing weight loss. Not easy but fantastic result. Not sure how cysts impact on your periods ... but i am 54 this year too  and sick to death of the bloody things. X