Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and Eating  (Read 1688 times)

aspie65

Utrogestan and Eating
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »

So apparently you are supposed to take utrogestan 2 hours after eating or one hour before eating.  The problem is I tend to eat little and often and tbh I don't really have a 2 hour gap between food.  So my question is has anyone ignored this advice and what was the result?  Thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: Utrogestan and Eating
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »

I think it is to do with absorption??  Eating small amounts often is good, so maybe you can leave around one hour before taking it?.  If you take it when you get into bed, between say 10-11pm, then have your last light meal at 9ish? You should take it last thing at night as it can make you drowsy and ideally you shouldn't eat too late anyway to avoid reflux indigestion.   DG x

aspie65

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:54:25 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  Any idea why this type of progesterone needs a space from food whereas my previous HRT made no mention of it?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »

I think it's because Utrogestan is less stable !!?? Many use Utrogestan vaginally for this reason. It can make you sleep better when used orally so that can be a plus but I believe more is lost in the digestive tract, whereas vaginally it goes more directly to where it is needed. DG x

aspie65

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

Thank you, you are very knowledgeable!