Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: oestrogen pessaries  (Read 1904 times)

lynda2255

oestrogen pessaries
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »

hi im a newbie , 49 been menopausal for 7 yrs , not had a bleed in 4 and only just had it confirmed after smear , blood test gkept coming back borderline .
ive been give vagifem , I have a grade 1 bladder prolapse . feet burn up at night , low libido. so what do I have to look forward tonext ladies  ;D ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: oestrogen pessaries
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »

:welcomemm:

Have you been advised to use them every night for 2 weeks then .......... 4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o.

Fun and laughter on here ;-).  We have several threads on various articles, including 'there is a strange woman in my house' and 'doing stupid things'.  Do read the threads on Vaginal Atrophy. 

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry, inside and out  >:(  ::) - skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina ....... also the muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Still interested?   :D ... browse round.  Make notes.  Some ladies find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful to chart feelings etc.. 

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »

Hi and welcome Lynda 2255.
All I can say is you keep that great sense of humour you obviously have and you can cope with anything Mrs meno throws at you,keep reading and postsing here you will gets lots of support from the lovely ladies.xx

lynda2255

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:15:27 PM »

You definatly need a sense of humour that's for sure  ;D or we would be in jail  ;D . Have used pessaries for 2 wks now so just twice weekly ,have noticed a difference , although I took a boil down stairs jesus Christ never felt pain like it ! waiting on that bugger to burst was like waiting on giving birth only worse  ;D

Now i know that the anxiety ,mood swings , lethargy is because of the menopause i feel better , thought i was losing my mind for a while , but nope just a women lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 06:49:21 PM »

Oh a BOIL! on the nethers  :o  :(

Did you need to use a Very Hot Poultice?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 05:42:39 PM »

Hi lynda2255

:welcomemm:

Irrespective of blood tests you reached menopause 4 years ago ie from the date you had your last bleed - but this (ie that menopause has probably occurred) can only be established 12 months after your last bleed. You are then post-menopausal.

I am wondering if you have been offered HRT at all? Women going through a borderline early-menopause (under 45) should take HRT at least until the natural average age of menopause which is 51/52 to help prrotect heart, cardio-vascular system and bones. Have you had hot flushes or sweats at all - or maybe you've been taking other medication that masks that these would be present, and therefore other symptoms (like low libido and vaginal issues) have become more prominent?

Not sure what you mean "I took a boil downstairs" ??  Sounds like you walked down the stairs with a boiling kettle!!  ;D Whatever it is doesn't sound too good....and hope it improves....

You may need to use the Vagifem more frequently at first if you have been without oestrogen for that long - ie daily or more than twice a week until you really get your bits sorted. Do think about HRT as well and if you want to consider it we can help you decide which type? Sometimes HRT alone can help with libido - depending on the type.

Hurdity x