Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood test for hormone levels?  (Read 915 times)

Ljp

Blood test for hormone levels?
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:24:26 PM »

Is it possible to request a blood test from my nhs GP to see what my hormone levels are?
I've been on HRT for two years and really not sure the oestrogen side of things is enough, as despite having an estring too, I still have vaginal atrophy issues, and very dry skin, hair and nails.
It would be good to know what my hormone levels are, but don't know if it's something I can request from my GP?

Annie0710

Re: Blood test for hormone levels?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »

They do test them on the nhs as I've needed them quite a few times as I have no uterus so had no periods to go by, I'm not sure how routinely they'd do them for women with a womb x

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:48:07 PM »

I''m going to ask for this on Thursday. I feel like I have had to make big HRT / AD decisions in the past year without having a clue if my hormones are high / low or what. I still have regular periods but have been offered both of the above. I don't see why they can't test them a few times in a month if there is an ' up / down' issue. I'd willingly pay for it to be sure before wading ahead with the wrong medication.

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »

I have an appointment with my GP on Thursday and want to see if I can my bloods tested, Id like to know if my thyroid function is ok, but mostly where I am with my hormones, I'm 3 years post menopause, and been on HRT for two years, but Im doubting if the oestrogen is absorbing sufficiently, I would like to know what my levels are.
Can anyone tell me what is a good reading for oestrogen and progesterone in a blood test?