Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Questions about periods on evorel sequi patches  (Read 20242 times)

Bettythecat

Questions about periods on evorel sequi patches
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »

Hi I'm new to this forum tonight and wonder if anyone has suggestions or advice for me please? I am 53 and started evorel sequi patches (2 weeks oetrogen-only patches followed by 2 weeks of combined oestrogen and progesterone patches and a period expected the week after the combined patches). I am 4 months in and generally very happy with the results at this stage: flushes stopped (although mine weren't severe); memory restored which is a big deal for me particularly with my stressful job; interest in sex restored (hurrah 😆); calmer, more rational and dare I say it, just actually happy and content which are emotions I thought I'd lost. If it helps anyone else just starting this treatment however, I felt slightly better immediately then had about 6 weeks or more of too painful to touch breasts, irritability and anxiety and low mood swinging into the sort of paranoia I used to get as a premenstrual teenager..I thought everyone was against me and felt marginalised and ignored - all completely irrational. This lasted until a month ago when I realised I felt better and happier each day. This improvement has continued with no breast pain at all, continued interest in sex, better memory, no paranoia and general feeling of wellbeing. In the same time period though, I haven't had the period I would have expected by now, I also have a few unexpected spots on my face (not acne but I've gone years without a single spot until now). My question is, do you have a period every single month on these combined patches or is it normal to skip one or just stop them? Is the spotty face temporary? And the thing that scares me - can I assume this uplift and improvement in emotions will continue or should I expect a crash? I'd really appreciate your experiences. Thanks

Zara69

Re: Questions about periods on evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:05:48 PM »

Hi! I've been using evorel sequi patches since last May and I felt an improvement almost immediately and after a couple of months most of my symptoms gone, although I use vagifem as well.  I am a bit different to you as I have had a womb ablation so I don't really have periods anyway but I think you will only bleed if the oestrogen has built up the lining enough...norethisterone the progesterone in these patches is quite strong so I think it is keeping your womb lining thin.  Some women don't bleed on this HRT and I believe unexpected bleeding is more of a worry than not bleeding.  So I don't think it's a problem if you don't have a period.  My moods have so far stayed good (much happier than pre HRT) as for spots I think it's just the hormones probably the progesterone and May settle..I'm sure someone will come along who explains it far better than me! Xx

Bettythecat

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 10:12:19 PM »

Thanks for your reply Zara69. It's very reassuring to hear your experience. I'm glad things seem to be working for you and I hope I can continue like you are. I'm wondering if I need to ask about changing the dose? If anyone has relevant to experiences it would be good to hear from you  :)

Optimist

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:16:55 AM »

Hi I used everol 50 sequi for a long while and didn't bleed and some women don't which I think is probably a godsend for moods etc. I had a scan at one point (for cysts) and my womb lining was absolutely fine too. Apparently I think it's 15% of women don't bleed on this one (in hrt types above) so I think you can stop worrying but sure they'll be other women along to advise also. Good luck! I need higher oestrogen or id of stuck with that one! X

Botanicalartist

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:02:47 AM »

hi I have been on the HRT for quite a long time, well over a decade and it is my understanding that the second element is there to ensure that you do have a bleed. It is the same as  The breakthrough bleed that you would have on the pill. Perhaps it is worth checking with your GP. Hope this helps

Bettythecat

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 08:00:11 AM »

Thanks - it's so reassuring to hear others' experiences xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »

Hi Bettythecat

:welcomemm: from me too.

Glad you have a good news story to tell - so far!!

As Optimist says - 15% of women do not bleed on sequential HRT according to this website. The combi patches are to ensure your womb lining stays thin and for a bleed to happen at some point if the lining has built up enpough to bleed. If you don't bleed then it hasn't built up enough! Do not fret!

There is no higher or lower dose of Evorel sequi  - so if you wanted to increase or lower the dose you would need to use separate patches and progesterone to enable this, or cut patches ( for lower dose) off-licence under medical supervision.

I hope you continue to feel well on this regime :)

Hurdity x

Bettythecat

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
That's very reassuring and good to know
This is a great resource  :)

Bluebell1

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »

Hi Bettythecat
Ive been taking Evorel Sequi for over 6 months with a period / bleed at the end of combined does. However all of a sudden my period / bleed has not arrived. Im 50 in 2 months. Still had regular 28 day cycles up until starting HRT then cycles controlled by HRT.
Glad your feeling better..!