Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Changing HRT. Please help  (Read 6028 times)

Botanicalartist

Changing HRT. Please help
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:50:13 AM »

I am 54 and have been taking Evorel Sequi  patches for over 10 years. I have been very happy with this medication. I now live in Spain and it isn't licensed here. The first element is but the second element is not. I am told that the alternative is something called
Estallis Sequidot  but the second phase seems to be incredibly high compare to the other medication. I wonder if anyone has switched from one to the other, otherwise I have no choice but to come off HRT because I do not want to take tablets. I shall be very grateful for any advice anyone can give me.

Daisydot

Re: Changing HRT. Please help
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »

Hi I'm no expert like the other lovely ladies on here who will give you great advice later but why not try it rather than just stopping the hrt that's obviously so benifucial to you.your at a critical stage in your life where hrt will help with numerous things so I wouldn't stop it without trying if it was me.
I used to live in Spain and know you have access to so many good gynies there at reasonable prices so you could make an appointment with one and discuss your fears and see what they say but don't give up without trying your actually in a better position than you would be in uk.I don't know if your resident already but if not do u have a clinico centra near you they are excellent and you can register yearly for around 300 euros per couple have a full mot done egc bloods etc for free and it's a complete gp service as and when you need it with instant referrals and usually scans done on the premises no waiting on hospital appointments.check it out in your area it's well worth the money and good luck with whatever you decide.xx

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:23 PM »

Botanicalartist I don't know exactly how it works but I have a friend who now lives in Spain still flies back to do some work here, but he and his wife come back here for all their nhs pills and treatments. Maybe you could get prescriptions here, even private ones.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »

You could buy standard oestrogen patches in any pharmacy in Spain and use a different progesterone or you could switch to Oestrogel (Oestraclin) and a separate progesterone like Utrogestan for example.        I've never bought norethisterone in Spain but I'm sure it's available.

Are you anywhere near Gibraltar?   You can buy all UK branded HRT products there.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:39:29 PM »

Hi Botanicalartist (is that what you really are?!)

:welcomemm:

Re the patches - as far as I can make out, in other countries than UK the combi patch made by Novartis comes in two strengths (of progestogen) - 50/140 and 50/250 and comes by various names like Estalis sequi but the sequidot info all seemed to be in Greek and German so couldn't really understand it! I presume your product is the 50/250? From what I can gather the second element in Evorel sequi, and Estalis is exactly the same ie norethisterone so it is licensed. However maybe the Estalis patch with lower strength norethisterone is not licensed in Spain? The Evorel sequi contains 170 mcg (per day) dose of norethisterone, so if the sequidot you mention is 250 mcg then that is only half as much again. If you tolerate the Evorel sequi then why not give the sequidot one a try (or ask if the lower strength one is available?)? It looks to be pretty much the same otherwise. If this doesn't work out then maybe try one ofthe other ideas suggested or see if you can get an online prescription (through UK if this is possible?) if your doc is happy for your continuing with this HRT?

Hurdity x

Botanicalartist

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 05:08:54 AM »

Thank you for your reply. And yes, I am a botanical artist lol.  Because I'm a Spanish resident I no longer have a GP in the UK. I have private medical here at the moment but they seemed rather vague and noncommittal with regards to medication. In fact, the GP gave me a prescription for just the first element of the patches which of course is rather dangerous. I am really happy with the medication that I'm on and really don't want to change. The only other alternative is just come off HRT completely but I'm dreading that. 

aspie65

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:40 AM »

I faced the same situation here in the UK when they stopped making Prempak which I had happily been on for 4 years.  I decided to try and come off it and with my remaining pills did so very very slowly.  Well to cut a long story short my body was not happy and I am now on oestrogel with utrogestan.  It was scary and stressful to change but I am happy to report that I am fine on this new regime and from what I've read it is better for me too.  If you want to be on HRT I'd give the oestrogel/ultrogestan regime a go.