Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feel in crisis  (Read 3915 times)

Stillsearching

Re: Feel in crisis
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 03:31:23 PM »

4meSons do you have someone who can go to the doctor with you? My husband has been my greatest ally when I've been unable to cope with an appointment by myself. But without him I would have asked someone else. Do you have a partner, relative or friend? I used to write down everything I felt and the 2 of us would sit in the surgery. Sometimes he would have to speak for me or cut in if I was getting confused.

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 03:32:10 PM »

Always try the hormone route first and then add ADs later if and when needed. 

It's very likely that your problem is hormonal and you need to get your HRT dose right but need a little help with some valium to get you through this rough patch.   I think more oestrogen and less Utrogestan is worth trying.

If you feel suicidal it must be taken seriously.   

4meSons

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »

I fear if I say I feel suicidal he may not give me anything in case I overdose it's trying to get him to see the diazepam stops them feelings. I will ask for both referrals and if I don't get any joy with anything I will just have to keep going back like what happened 3 years ago. It's bad enough struggling with feelings like this without all the other worries of not being taken seriously
I feel physically sick now as my appointment gets nearer

Brainless

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 03:34:21 PM »

If it is a country wide crackdown on diazepam prescriptions then the mental health team can still help by either giving you the medication themselves or liaising with your own doctor to tell him to give you a prescription.

Brainless

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 03:38:32 PM »

I'm unable to go without my husband. They would only give you a few days worth which you wouldn't be able to overdose on because it wouldn't be enough but would tide you over till you can get your hrt safely on track.

Brainless

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

It can be difficult describing just how bad things are sometimes but the doctor needs to know. There have been times I have felt completely unable to say out loud exactly how I have been feeling and have resorted to taking it written on a piece of paper and just handing it over.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »

I am quite sure that if our Surgery put such a notice in the Waiting Room I would be taking it down!  HOW DARE THEY  :bang: :bang: :bang:

GPs have no right to withhold treatment if a patient appears at appt. ill.  How did you get on?   Were you able to put your feelings across?  A&E Detp. are over-whelmed at this time of year so GPs need to listen carefully when people are in crisis!

4meSons

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »

He was ok which was a surprise
He never read notes but could tell how bad things were and sympathetic.
He has given me propanolol and 4 x 2mg diazepam. He said to stay on hrt until I see my own doctor and she can do a referral but he did say it was hard to get a psychiatrist to see anyone. He said there was room for manoeuvre with my ADs but he didn't want to change too many things at once which makes sense. So I now have a plan
Start propanolol 
Stick with HRT - evorel 50 + utro
Take a diazepam if needed
Phone crisis team if in crisis
Until I see my doctor then ask for referrals
I would like to thank everyone one of you who responded to my cry for help today you don't know how much it has helped me
Bless you all  :ange:

Brainless

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 05:34:24 PM »

That sounds like a sensible plan. I'm so relieved to hear things went well. I've been thinking about you all day

Daisydot

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »

Yes me too well done good result and good plan xx

Roseneath

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »

Well done you. You have a plan.  I have found propanolol very helpful for my anxiety, have been on it for 6 months now. Thanks for posting back, has given me courage to make yet another GP appointment for nxt week with someone different to try and improve my situation too.

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »

I'm glad you came away with something x

Mary G

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »

Thank goodness for that, it must have been very worrying for you.  At least you have a plan now.  Good luck and keep us updated.

Stillsearching

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »

I'm so glad you sorted this crisis and have a plan. It's also important that we look after ourselves when we're feeling well and don't wait until things reach crisis point. It's tempting to ignore little niggles until they get out of control. I think I can sometimes be hyper vigilant but I've kept mentally well for the past 3 years which is a record :)

:foryou:

4meSons

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »

Us girls need to stick together
Took a propanolol when I got back and it has stopped the horrible palpitations my heart is no longer thumping in my ears and throat. I will take another one before bed and hopefully will have a better night.
The doctor thinks the menopause is making my anxiety worse but not causing it I forgot to say, but he did agree it can cause a lot of problems for some.I'm not bothered what's causing it I just want shot of it.
Tonight I plan a nice hot shower watch some tele and try reading before bed x
Pages: 1 [2] 3