Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New Years resolution  (Read 2199 times)

Daisydot

New Years resolution
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:27:16 AM »

Silly question I know but just a bit of fun.
What was your new year resolution.
Mines was to walk more and go back to Zumba gold classes they make me feel alive again.xx

Shadyglade

Re: New Years resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »

Great minds think alike Daisydot.  I was just about to start the same thread. ;)

Mine is as much a moto for life as it is a resolution.  After 3 tough years with one family crisis after another there is now a little light on the horizon.  So my resolution is

No more fear.

I have decided enough is enough and although there a still plenty of problems and worries I will do my darnedest to banish the fear from my life.  I am totally weary of worrying about what calamity will happen next so bring it on, I'm up for the fight.  :valkyrie:

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »

Good positive thinking shadyglade well done.xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »

It's another month, another day ............ never made resolutions, I'm out of bed what more do people want  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »

Any new ones this year.

Mine is to ignore people that annoy me.  Life is too short.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »

I do that anyway  ::).  Any1 upsets me more than twice they are 'out' !

Be kinder to my DH
Be less judgemental
Try to button Big Gob when Mum starts  :-\

squeaker99

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 10:13:21 PM »

Great minds think alike Daisydot.  I was just about to start the same thread. ;)

Mine is as much a moto for life as it is a resolution.  After 3 tough years with one family crisis after another there is now a little light on the horizon.  So my resolution is

No more fear.

I have decided enough is enough and although there a still plenty of problems and worries I will do my darnedest to banish the fear from my life.  I am totally weary of worrying about what calamity will happen next so bring it on, I'm up for the fight.  :valkyrie:

I have never tried a quote before.  This could be one of my New Year resolutions! I love your resolutions Shadyglade.

I would like to just live and appreciate each day as it comes.

And not be ruled by what I think others think of me (Especially the sour faced receptionist at the health centre who sounds bored stiff when I phone for yet another appointment!).

Sparrow

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »

No more fear.

I have never tried a quote before.  This could be one of my New Year resolutions! I love your resolutions Shadyglade.

I would like to just live and appreciate each day as it comes.

And not be ruled by what I think others think of me (Especially the sour faced receptionist at the health centre who sounds bored stiff when I phone for yet another appointment!).

:rofl:  oh I know the sort.  Face like they have just eaten a whole bag of lemons.

Make a Gin and Tonic.

Salad

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »

Happy New Year everyone  :)

My resolution is to lose the stone still not lost from last New Year  ;D

My daughter got married in December and for the one night I decided to live it to the full #noregrets
The dance moves I made on that dance floor were phenomenal  :o
I felt like every bone was broken and muscle pulled for the next week   ;D

So maybe my new motto should be - live life with no regrets

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »

I am going to try to do a bit more for “me”.  I spend so much time visiting my Mum and worrying about other family stuff that there's not a lot of time left over for me. Sometimes I just flop down and can't do anything but I am going to have to. friends ask me to do things but 80% of the time I say I can't make it. 

I also want to use up a lot more of my yarn stash.

I am going to try and not let my brother and his wife's mind games affect me. 

I am going to try and get back into my 30 mins brisk walking every day. Oh, and lose some more weight. I am just 1st 3 lbs lighter than I was this time last year because I gained weight over Xmas. I need to get that off plus more. My target is 2 stone loss.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:05:41 AM by Pennyfarthing »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 09:15:44 PM »

My new year resolution is to stop worrying over family issues.
They're all grown up now, and will do and say what they want to anyway. My worrying won't change anything!
I need to look after my own state of mind...