Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Psychiatrist anyone?  (Read 3738 times)

aspie65

Re: Psychiatrist anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »

My biggest problem with the menopause was anxiety.  I am on an SSRI already and HRT but it wasn't enough.  I saw a psychiatrist and he suggested pregabalin and it is a life safer.  It helps me sleep and reduces my anxiety without the horrible feeling diazepam and beta blockers gave me.  I can be on it long term safely and up and decrease doses (slightly) as I need to.  I am saddened that this drug is not more routinely given out.  I had no side effects from it and it helps reduce my hot flushes too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »

Tnx.  Good advice aspie65 :-)

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »

Hi racjen

My gp last year treated me as just having normal depression as I had had an episode in the past. 4 different anti depressants didnt make any difference I too went to the physchiatrist route.  I was told by the NHS menopause clinic at the John Radcliffe in Oxford, that if I wasnt absorbing oestrogen then no anti depressant would work and she was correct.  Im not sure if Oxford would be too far but I know they get referrals from all over.  Good luck

Abba Fan

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »

Please be careful with pregabalin, they're very addictive like benzodiazpines http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5242885/Doctors-call-painkiller-crackdown-addiction-fears.html
Pages: 1 [2]