Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 1988 times)

helenmelon

Confused
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »

I have just started Evorel Sequi and on my 5th patch, so the first of the combined one.

I'm confused  ::)as to when to expect a period???? I started my patches on day 7 of my cycle. Will I have a bleed at the usual time (about every 25 days) or will it be after I've finished all the 4 combined patches???

Plus has anyone suffered from indigestion on Evorel Sequi ??

Grateful for any ideas  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »

The bleed should start a day or two after you finish the combined patches - so when you've gone back to oestrogen only patches.
You shouldn't get indigestion with patches - or are you on HRT pills? try eating smaller amounts often and avoid high fat foods and acidic drinks.
DG x

helenmelon

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl, blimey at least another 2 weeks then.

Yeah I'm on patches, but had previous problems with GERD which is controlled with drugs and haven't had any issues for about 7 month s until yesterday and it just seemed a bit odd that it's happened 2 weeks into HRT.

Thanks again  :)

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »

I'm a little confused as I thought that with the patches, you do 2 weeks of the estrogen ones then 2 weeks of the combined ones, but I thought you said you were doing 4 weeks of each, maybe I have it wrong!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »

Robotwars - I think Evorel patches are 2 patches per week - so you use 4 before starting the combined ones.
DG x

helenmelon

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »

Yes, Robotwars, you get 4 of each and change them twice weekly.

Feeling a bit bloated today and a bit periody but will have to wait  :o

pamb

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »

I'm onto my second month of these patches.   I got a period two days after I'd finished my fourth combined patch.

I was also confused because I had a period after my third evorel 50 patch and it was quite heavy but having consulted this excellent website I realised it was my natural period that I was having halfway through the patch regime.  Then I had the period I just mentioned after the combined patches.

Hopefully my body will catch up and I'll only have the one period per month rather than the two.

pamb x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »

Hi pamb - it may take a few months for the HRT to take control of you cycle. I'm sure this will settle. DG x

pamb

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Yes I thought that would be the case.  I suppose once I become post menopausal then my hormones will settle down.  It's the peri that seems to be upsetting everything. 

A few days ago I felt I had what I can only describe as a hormonal surge with my own hormones clashing with the HRT.  I felt unbelieveably hot and I had a few blotches on my chest and I felt sickly and headachy.   It passed after about half an hour thankfully.  I think I expected the HRT to cure all menopause symptoms fairly quickly after starting it, but I realise now that it may take a few months, especially as I'm still peri.

This website is great for getting lots of information and hearing other women's experiences.  My GP had even heard that it was a good website to visit.

pamb x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »

As the HRT takes control, these odd surges may well settle. The peri stage is tough. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »

Hi helenmelon

I answered on your other thread but presumed from your comments that you were on Femseven - and I see you are on Evorel. Sometimes women do feel a bit of pms when starting the combi patches - it is the progestogen that does this. Hopefully this will settle and you will also settle into having a period approximately monthly once your body acclimatises to the HRT as Danciinggirl says.

Hurdity x