Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ovarian Pain  (Read 1179 times)

Spangles

Ovarian Pain
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:32:37 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Having just experienced the most horrendous PMT, (still have  it) I had to stop my Utrogestan cycle after day 10 just to get my period so that I could get some relief.
I'm having the most painful time of it, (not much of a bleed), the pain I experience with most of my periods is bad and always in my right ovary, the pain I experience in my legs is so debit that I can't drive. However this only lasts for around a day. This month it's been even worse, the ovary pain almost had me screaming, it's subsided now but feels very sore, any ideas what it is or how to manage it?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

Re: Ovarian Pain
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »

Hi Shellb - I take it you have been scanned for ovarian cysts?

Taz x

Bettyboo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »

Hi Shelb

I haven't had a period for over a year now, but when I did it was always with left hand pain. I have/had fibroids (not had scan for years) but I see you have fibroids, could it be that?

BB

Spangles

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:07:56 PM »

Hi,
I've not had a scan for a couple of years, I'm probably due one. The last one she couldn't find one of my ovaries but did eventually after a long and painful scan. I was never given a reason as to why that was, only told that the fibroids had grown, one measuring 5.5cm!
As the last scan experience was so horrendous I'm a little nervous about having another one.
Shellb
xXx

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:02:27 PM »

Hi Sparkle,
As the lady who did the scan couldn't find an ovary she had to go quite deep and apply a lot of pressure, whilst turning the probe around at very uncomfortable angles, I also had to get into some uncomfortable positions, complete agony!
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »

I'm wondering whether you need another scan for fibroids as HRT does make them grow.

Taz x