Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 7763 times)

Roseneath

Re: Insomnia
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »

I got out of a patch of bad sleeping (hard to get off, then wake up every hour or so) a few months ago with Bachs Rescue Night Remedy. You can get it in Boots. It comes in a bottle with a little dropper.  I am not a fan of homeopathic things as my scientific brain tells me there is no basis for them working but it did improve things quite significantly. I took it for about 10 days 20 mins before bedtime and after that my sleep patterns seemed to improve. (I think many sleep problems are linked to anxiety/stress which in turn maybe hormones so it could well be just a placebo effect, but hey if it works). My GP warned me off Melatonin but I figured the homeopathic stuff is pretty harmless. I think sleep patterns ebb and flow in peri and some just have period of bad and better sleep rather than our 'old' pattern  - a bit like our periods and moods. Like many of these things it is just an unwanted change which can exacerbate other symptoms.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »

I really feel for you I'm in my 5th year of insomnia I don't get to sleep til 3 or 4am every night literally..over the 5 years I've tried everything had all the tests and now resorted to regular sleeping tablets. I realised as did my gp that resisting them as they were bad for me was worse than actually taking them as the 3 hours sleep nightly has destroyed my mental and physical health almost to a full breakdown my life was over. So now I'm past worrying I just need alot of sleep let me body heal and my mind then I will taper off. Sorry it's not positive but the peri has already nearly destroyed me so the sleep is vital however you get it 😏

Peroxideblader

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »

Anybody get anywhere??

Optimist

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »

Peroxidebladder I really feel for you! No one can exist in that little sleep so you're doing exactly what is right for you. Someone I know suffered a psychotic episode due to insomnia and stress borne from that-she's been told that her trigger is insomnia so for a GP to say nothing bad comes from not sleeping (Former post) is a bit of a misleading statement. It can actually be debilitating! There's some great advice in this thread though. I'm still taking the magnesium which I feel is helping but really like the keeping your eyes open and tell yourself you're not allowed to sleep advice-think I'll give that a go! Good luck all-keep updating xx

Roseneath

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »

A short course of Nitrazapam was a life saver for me. I had no problems coming off it over a 4 week gradual period. The newer 'Z' drugs didn't work for me. Having the sleeping tab in gives me confidence too.
Pages: 1 [2]