Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anxiety sweats or hormonal sweats?  (Read 1064 times)

jorainbow

Anxiety sweats or hormonal sweats?
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:15:36 AM »

How do you know the difference! !! Is there one?  This morning I've woken up not drenched but very damp and sticky after waking a couple of times at night feeling very anxious and hot. I am going through lots of stress (hubby had a complete meltdown at xmas over a comment I made and is leaving) so have put my early morning waking down to that but this was different in that the moment I woke properly the anxiety just disappeared.  Usually there's some residual which goes slowly through the day. I'm late with my period for the first time  (usually regular but with length etc changes) and have lots of dry eye, pmt type symptoms so hormones are definitely at play but having not had a night sweat before of any magnitude Im just curious!!!!

Roseneath

Re: Anxiety sweats or hormonal sweats?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »

Yep you've described my month exactly. Had two years of different period lengths but this month no period / 10 days late, first time.   Have dry eyes which I have never had, especially on waking. Hot and sticky at night, anxious and a bit teary throughout the day. I'm 48. It's rubbish but then so is the weather. I have husband issues too.  He blames this site for making my ' imagined' conditions worse and told me to stay off it yesterday. I have stress everywhere I look at the moment, it's not easy.

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »

Thanks Sparkle - 4am is my average time too! And the hot and cold 😂😂 Roseneath sending a hug - no its not at all thank goodness we get support here 💜

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »

Lots of ladies have anxiety prior to a flush.  The temperature changes can cause all types of feelings.