Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bloody hormones!  (Read 3344 times)

Sammas

Bloody hormones!
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:52 AM »

::) Sorry to moan How can you feel ok most of the time, then WHAM!! In a day I can feel headachy, sick, upset stomach, strange aches, anxiety, emotional, angry and tired to name a few These feelings can change by the hour!
Thanks for reading. Xx

Sammas

Re: Bloody hormones!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »

Thanks Sparkle ! I just needed to air things and don't want to moan and groan at home   Have been taking Estroven for over 6 months which seemed to improve things till now ! X

Samade

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »

somedays I feel my hormones change like going down a childrens slide  ???

Sammas

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »

Samade what do you take? X

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »

Hi there it shocks me that so many of us suffer like this but on the plus side thank god (aka dr currie) lol for providing this forum and its angels who give us invaluable advice and empathy keep your chin up there's plenty people who will sympathise with you.you are definitely not alone xx

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

You really are not alone. This can be such a rollercoaster. I think the women on this forum and any others who experience this must be half angel and half warrior! xxx

Sammas

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 03:43:04 PM »

Thanks Daisydotd and Mindful moomins Rhus site def helps and makes you realise you are not going mad To either of you 2 take anything ? X

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »

Yes I do. I have been on an antidepressant for many years but started peri symptoms about 2 years ago. I was initially helped by Evorel Sequi HRT but then got acute anxiety due to the norehistine I think. I am now two weeks into Estrogel 3 pumps and ultragestan 12 days a month.

Feeling anxious today but just hoping it will pass and the Estrogel will help xx

paisley

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »

I can totally emphasize.
 I can feel fine for 1 Minute  & then suddenly feel awful again for no reason at all. I can have really bad anxiety & suddenly it is gone numerous times a day.  Hormones really do mess with your body. If men had to put up with this I don't think they could

Sammas

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »

Thanks Paisley! Men don't know the half of it. Mindfulmoomin I also have been taking AD for years and that is partly why I'm trying to avoid the HRT route, but maybe that's the way forward If I look back, I could have been peri for a number of years, 6 at least, but symptoms have increased in the last few years x

Spangles

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 05:23:35 PM »

Hi,
I'm going through this too at the moment, it's horrid, I also get irrational thoughts which make the anxiety worse, this happens at different stages of my cycle, usually before my period.
I didn't get a PMT befor my last period, instead it came halfway through and will stay untill I get my next period.
Totally fed up with this whole menopause thing!
I just want to feel calm and energised, is that even possible when you have all of this going on?
I think th symptoms get worse the further on that you get.
I take evorel 50 and Utrogestan 200/12 days, I also take an AD. I don't fancy not taking the HRT in case things get even worse, but how do you know when your peri stops?
Would things just settle even with the HRT?
It's all so confusing, no wonder the menfolk don't understand.
Shellb
xXx

paisley

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 05:36:30 PM »

I'm coming back as a man in my next life. It has to be easier than ours. I only wish men could have a taste of PMT or menopause. Just so they had some idea of what we feel. I have tried HRT & ADs & now don't take anything apart from vitamins

Sammas

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »

Paisley, did you have a difficult time with HRT? X

Samade

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 09:00:03 PM »

Sammas I take evorel sequi low dose and citalopram, I'm mostly good now, but sometimes on the last patch of the cycle I can get anxiety

paisley

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 01:07:11 AM »

Yes Sammas
I had a terrible time with HRT. I tried nearly everyone for 8 years. I tried pills, patches, gels & transbuccal & none of them worked. I kept plodding on hoping the next one would work but they never did so 7 months ago I said enough was enough & stopped them. For some women HRT is fantastic but not for me they just don't work.
Pages: [1] 2