Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Adverse reaction to oestrogel  (Read 1509 times)

flaxhigh

Adverse reaction to oestrogel
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:41:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any adverse reactions to oestrogel? On the third day (only 2 pumps not 3 as prescribed) I started feeling mild nausea and badly dizzy plus pounding heart for 24 hours. On the 4th day (Saturday) I cut the dose to 1 pump and had the most appalling pounding heart and 'elephant on chest' feeling for 29 hours. Today, I have a serious headache.

I don't feel I can try the oestrogel again as I really can't face feeling I'm about to have a heart attack.

Just to add I wasn't feeling anxious or having a panic attack. It was just as though I was shot with adrenaline in a very extreme way.

I note that on side-effects, the info says: if you have a fast, pounding heart, stop and seek medical attention immediately.

Hurdity

Re: Adverse reaction to oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »

Flaxhigh - as you've posted this question in New members and also in the utrogestan/Estrogel support group thread - you have already had ansers - hence no response to this one as it's all the same forum! Hopefully the answers you got on the other threads are reassuring and informative but do ask again (on those threads) if you need any more support :). Hope you are feeling better now....

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »

flaxhigh - I did reply on your other thread.  I do feel you have hit yourself hard with too high a dose from the outset - the gel is very effective so one needs to build the dose gradually.  I got headaches when using too high a dose of oestrogen. Stop everything for a few days to a week, then start again with one pump per day or even less for the first 4-6 weeks - you may be someone who only needs that much, especially if you are peri menopause.  It's not the gel that is at fault - you would probably have this reaction to any HRT at a high dose.
DG x

flaxhigh

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »

Sorry Hurdity, got confused: I thought different members would be looking at different threads! Not the most techy person here!

Thanks Dancinggirl. I might try a tiniest dab once Xmas mayhem is over....but the bad reaction came after only one pump...so would definitely need to try a pin**** and then build up!

paisley

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

Hi
Haven't been on for a while & so just seen your post. I had exactly the same symptoms when I started oestrogel. They did tail off but I think I was given a too high a dose & it was too much for my body to cope with