Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hope someone is on here despite it being Christmas day  (Read 1457 times)

aspie65

Hope someone is on here despite it being Christmas day
« on: December 25, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »

I have had to change HRT as prempak has been discontinued.  I am due to start on estrogel tomorrow and the utrogestan but this seems odd as I will have just finished my progesterone course and then I will start another one immediately?  Is this right/safe?  When would I expect to bleed.  Oh and Happy Christmas.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hope someone is on here despite it being Christmas day
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »

Hi aspir65
Prempac is a sequential HRT I think - are you still going to do a sequential regime with the Oestrogel with Utrogestan combo?
If you look under TREATMENTs on this site, in the Progesterone section, you will see the options. If you are wanting to continue with a sequential regime ( which is probably wise at first) then you are right in questioning whether you take the Utro straight away. I would wait, just use the gel for 16 days and then add in the Utro for the 12 days as this will maintain your existing cycle and you will get a bleed a couple days after finishing the the prugesteronevin the same way as you did with Prempac.
If you are wanting a conti hrt regime then you will simply start the Utro with the
Oestrogel, you may well still get a bleed and possibly some erratic bleeding in the first few months but this should subside.  Hope that makes sense. DG x

aspie65

Re: Hope someone is on here despite it being Christmas day
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »

Thanks for replying. Nice to have reassurance about this.