Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So upset today - saw new GP as I have moved  (Read 6950 times)

JaneinPen

Re: So upset today - saw new GP as I have moved
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »

Oh dear vickypk. Try very hard when you get the dark thoughts to let them go. You are feeding the GP and he doesn't give a fig so when it pops in to your head try to shut it out and hopefully you will begin to feel better in the coming days. Just keep saying to yourself that you were okay before you saw the ignorant man and because you are still able to take what you were taking before your move you really will be okay again

Dancinggirl

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »

Vickypk - Write down everything you are feeling.  List the reasons why you are feeling so low in a clear, concise way that makes sense - get somebody to read this to make sure it comes across in the right way.   Your high blood pressure could well be associated with the anxiety resulting from poor treatment. If you are fit, active, slim and have a good diet, then why is your blood pressure high???!!!!  At your appointment you could actually show this to the GP to highlight how the way that GP treated you has triggered a sense of despondency, as you feel he didn't understand, or even care, how his attitude effected you.  To fob you off with ADs that can also give nasty side effects is not a positive way forward - you didn't feel this low before that dreadful appointment with him!!! When offering the ADs, did he explain the risks and side effects - many feel a lot worse for a few weeks before feeling better???
His lack of understanding and support is awful - ‘white coat' high blood pressure is common and you are naturally now so tense when you go to the surgery your pressure will be up.  To simply tell you all the risks of HRT and to state you will get a stroke if you continue on HRT, totally ignores all the benefits. If your blood pressure is continuously high, then with appropriate medication, you should be able to continue with HRT. 
  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »

Yep DG - my husband is the most calmest person you will ever meet and he has white coat syndrome.  Risk of stroke indeed, if your GP is really worried about that he should have referred you to the appropriate Hospital Consultant  ::).

Heart affected by one BP Tablet! how ridiculous - my neighbour reacts in totally the opposite way to how BP meds are designed to work, he gets really hyper so it's quite common!  I think that you can put that worry to one side now that you've seen the Nurse ;-).

You are in a state of flux - your GP seems to have no bedside manner and little or no knowledge ab out menopause!  Is there a Practice Nurse you could talk to?  Could you show your results to a Pharmacist in your local town for advice?  By-passing this particular GP will give you breathing space.

You sound peri-menopausal!  .......... so breath.  Trouble is, everything is shutting for C.mas  >:( which may well raise your anxiety about how you are feeling, certainly when my support net-work disappeared I went into panic mode. 

Someone will be here however - I'm out of wifi range .........

vickypk

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »

Thank you all for your replies.
I don't know why I let that GP make me feel so low, maybe because of the move I wasn't feeling !00% and then he said about the HRT and a stroke it just caused me to feel very anxious and then he took the bp and started about that.  I did see the practice nurse and explained it to her regarding I was feeling anxious, she said the ecg looked fine. 
I've just got to move on.  I have lost three stone in the past 4 years as I put all that weight on at the menopause and I'm now 8 stone 9.  Run every day and eat healthy. 
I don't want to see that doctor again.
Hope you are all doing fine.  I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to me and you have made me feel better.
xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »

You are welcome. Sounds like you are feeling better today.  Try and stay positive

Mary G

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »

vickypk, definitely give this bloke the elbow, there are far better doctors than him out there!  I would write to the surgery and explain why you have decided to bin him.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »

Don't waste energy on writing to the Practice.  If possible change Surgeries, your local Pharmacist will know other GPs. Or see a Practice Nurse in the meantime and make a list to take along to discuss.

vickypk

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »

Thanks for your messages.
It has taken me a couple of weeks to feel better after that consultation with the GP.  I surprised myself letting someone make me feel so down, I'm getting my confidence back.  I did message a menopause doctor who lectures GPs about the menopause, explaining everything to her.  She gave me the same, advice as you, all to change doctors.  I wanted to tell her because there seems to be GPs around who still don't have a clue about the menopause!!  That was a good one he wanted to take me off HRT and put me on anti depressants, you couldn't make it up could you. 
My husband said we have got the money to go to London to see a menopause expert if necessary, but it shouldn't be like that. 
xx

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »

It shouldn't be of course but we all choose to pay for expertise.  We have ability to make choices, i.e. buying from a hi-end Shop or in the village store.  Where we go on holiday or whether we spend the money on health care.  Going Privately can ease the length of waiting time too so eases anxieties.  The sooner we get advice we can begin treatment if necessary  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]