Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patches won’t stick on holiday- tired and low.  (Read 1648 times)

Joesmum

Patches won’t stick on holiday- tired and low.
« on: December 26, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »

I am on 100 EVOREL and they just won't stay stuck in the hot weather.
I've tried putting them on my bottom , thigh , tummy but I'm sweating too much for them to stay stuck and swimming in the sea isn't helping.
I brought some estrogel out here with me just in case this happened and I think I need to switch to it. How many pumps should I use? 2 or maybe 4 ?

I'm already getting headaches and feeling anxious and dizzy since switching to gel. My mood is dropping and starting to feel permanently tired. I've used 2 pumps for a couple of days.

My other fear is that the estrogel will take a few weeks to build up? So effectively I won't be getting any estrogen?

No point in trying to stick the edges of the patch with a plaster because the patch is lifting all over not just at the edges.

Any advice because this might just ruin my holiday....

Happy Boxing Day . X
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:21:46 PM by Joesmum »

Spangles

Re: Help- Patches won’t stick on holiday!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

Have you somehow got oil or anything you have put onto your skin on the patch area?
You may have done unknowingly, this would cause it not to stick

Joesmum

Re: Help- Patches won’t stick on holiday!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »

No. No oil. This is just sweat. Sorry to be so blunt!

Mary G

Re: Patches won’t stick on holiday- tired and low.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Patches are not good in hot climates, I spend a lot of time in Spain and they were useless for me.   Once you have to resort to sticking them down with plaster it's time to move to something else.

To save your holiday from disaster, I would do four pumps every day, two in the morning and two in the evening to keep your oestrogen levels up.   Once you feel better and get back from holiday you can then reduce the dose but I think you need a quick fix right now.

The good news is Oestrogel is very effective and works quickly.

I do hope that helps.

Linsey44

Re: Patches won’t stick on holiday- tired and low.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »

Hi

I spend quite a lot of time in cyprus and in summer the high humidity makes skin sticky and sweaty.  I can sometimes Get absorption issues to the point my husband realises it and usually comments.

I use oesteogel and i never put sunscreen aftersun /moisuriser on my inner thighs.  Shower then remove traces of any moisurising shower gel - i use a fresh facecloth / muslin and rub like i was exfolating the skin with it or i sometimes shaving the area im away to apply the gel to is a good way of removing any surface blocking products.   Ensure area is thoroughly dry then apply gel.

Make sure you dont get area wet for at least an hr.  i know all this sounds very prescriptive but when its humid its a bit harder to absorb

Try and have a good time.

Linseyx