Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Post xmas weight reduction  (Read 1588 times)

Shadyglade

Post xmas weight reduction
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »

::)

Well it's that time of year that like many others I get on the scales and weep. (not really)  However, now the goodies are all gone I am trying to put some effort into losing the weight. This time I have set my scales to kilos as it gives smaller changes in weight and, hay presto, I have lose 400gms in a week (don't laugh ;D).  That means only 15 kg 900 gm  to go.

Anyone else on the same path?.  If so what is your technique?

Daisydot

Re: Post xmas weight reduction
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »

I'm going back to Zumba gold and the 500 diet,I got two stone off last year and I can see it piling on again because I've been lazy greedy as not as active as I could have been so I'm feeling positive about making those things lifelong friends now not just phases I go through.best of luck with your regime shadyglade xx
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:58:41 PM by Daisydot »

Scampi

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 03:22:44 PM »

I've been a member of Slimming World since October 2016 and have lost close to 5.5 stones - so far!  I have  few more stones to go to get to my dream target weight, and I WILL do it - I want to be a healthy weight when I hit 50 later this year. 

Once I'd lost 4.5 stones (October 2017), I decided to give running a go ... when I started, I struggled to run between 2 lamp posts -  but last week I managed to run a full mile.  My other pre-50 goal is to run 5km 3 or 4 times a week (including being able to run all of our local Parkrun - which has an evil hill you have to go up 4 times!!).  I'm actually really enjoying the running - I've come down with a cold over the weekend and I'm soooo frustrated that I can't get out and run  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 09:01:39 PM »

I'll wave you on when you run by Scampi  ;).

As I didn't eat anything more than I would normally over the 'festive' season I haven't bothered to step onto the scales.  I know that I need more exercise but I am getting lazier >sigh<.   

Some people find jogging alone or in a group helpful.  Some dance.  Some swim, walk etc.. I did ballet from age 8 until 18 which helped, also we cycled everywhere.