Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Periods on femseven  (Read 1283 times)

Nellie Noo

Periods on femseven
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »

I feel a bit silly asking but here goes.... been on femseven patches for a couple of months now and all's ok. Night sweats, anxiety and low mood seem to be improving but I am a bit confused about my period. The doctor told me to take the first  “estrogen only”  patch on the first day of my cycle.... which I did .....but now  two months later ...I feel so out of sync with  my periods. I thought I would bleed after the 2 weeks of  prog / estrogen patch but no ... I am halfway between the estrogen weeks now and the bleeding is horrendous and really bad period pain . Surely I should only have a period when I've finished the prog part..?.?.. I hope I don't sound too ignorant 😔

Louise2010

Re: Periods on femseven
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »

Hi Nellie
I'm on Fem 7 but just started so yet to have my period.
I was thinking reading your post that perhaps your own hormones are still having an effect and combined with the patches are causing the heavy bleeding at the wrong time? I think it can take a little while to settle.
I'm new to hrt really having only started a month ago on Evorel and the second phase patches sent me mad so now on Fem 7.
Hope it improves. If not then maybe try another type perhaps?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »

Hi there NellieNoo - nothing is silly to ask on here!!! So what day of the HRT cycle are you starting the bleed - do you mean say - Day 7, so a week after changing back to the oestrogen only patches? The first day of your cycle is supposed to be Day 1 of the bleed. Some women do not bleed until a few days after stopping the prog part - I use a different regime and mine usually starts two days afterwards - but as Louise2010 says you might be a bit out of sync.... not sure how you can get it back except by starting the combi phase a few days later - if you have enough patches to do this eg 1 extra patch from the new packet? This might work?

Hurdity x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »

Thank you ladies ! Much appreciated. Louise2010 .. i was thinking the same .. that maybe things might settle given more time . Hurdity .. thanks for advice .. yes .. it was probably day 9 when the bleeding started, but i will take on board what you have suggested. Thank you ! X