Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Serenity cream  (Read 2055 times)

Ayley Rorison

Serenity cream
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:03:46 PM »

Need some info please, I have bought serenity cream to try , is it better to speak to doctor before using it  ::)

racjen

Re: Serenity cream
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »

I'd have thought it's pretty doubtful a GP would give you any advice regarding an over-the-counter preparation like that - it's not in their experience and probably not even ethical. My GP probably wouldn't even know what it was! i could be wrong though....

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

As long as you're not using it for the uterus lining I'd think it's ok to try, is it progesterone isn't it ?

I don't need progesterone but I was using a prog cream and the nhs gynae said that's not a problem x

Ayley Rorison

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:29:36 PM »

Annie to be honest I just thought it was a cream to help you feel better during meno, I may have to find out more about it before I use it .

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »

I thought it was a progesterone cream, apologies. 

X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »

Yes it's a progesterone cream - sorry but it's a complete con. It contains very weak progesterone and is just a marketing ploy to get menopausal women to buy it. The whole oestrogen dominance theory was invented in order to sell it form what I understand! If you want to use it that's fine - any effect is likely to be placebo - which for psychological symptoms is great and if it makes you feel positive then that's all good. However don't waste too much money on it. It isn't oestrogen - which is the female hormone that decreases after menopause. Progesterone also decreases but it is only produced in large quantities for pregnancy so it is not necessary to replace it except to protect the womb from when you take oestrogen - and as Annie0710 says it is not OK to use it for that. Defo no need to speak to doc!

Whatever happens I hope you feel better anyway :)

Hurdity x

Alihughes

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:42:05 AM »

I used this for a month - felt no different at all - I would say it doesnt work and agree its a bit of a marketing ploy.  I finally took the plunge and have been on the HRT patch FemSeven patches since last Thursday and feel so much better - moods are up again and haven't had any low moment since I started!  Sleeping a bit better too thus have more energy.

:)

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 12:03:31 PM »

Agreed I used the serenity cream for at least 6 months absolutely no results with it save your money.ive just started the patches and I'm hoping I'll have No skin issues with the adhesive I'm due to do my first removal today but so far so good though I slept like a baby the first night I applied it,I was nervous about changing over from the Premarin tabs but shouldn't have worried so much and of course the patches are safer for me.good luck with whatever you decide to do but I don't recommend serenity.xx

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 01:21:30 PM »

Please do not use it to oppose oestrogen it is not strong enough.

Ayley Rorison

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »

I feel as if Im coming through meno not too bad, lots of my symptoms have stopped( thats not to say they wont come back)  however going by the responses I think I'll just leave well alone  and put it down to making a silly purchase  ::)