Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sleep Deprivation and Tree Trunk Body  (Read 1159 times)

Findtyler

Sleep Deprivation and Tree Trunk Body
« on: December 20, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »

Hello All

The Good news is that I am now upright, using public transport and cooking again. None of which I have been able to do for most of this year.

I am in week 15 of HRT. The initial diagnosis was I had lost all testosterone for which I take 0.5 of Androfeme1 in the morning along with Cerezette.

In the evenings I take 1.0 of Sandrena and 100 Utrogestan - which I have to take vaginally owing to an adverse reaction orally.

My 3 month check up showed an eostrogen marker of just 100 and an increase of Sandrena to 2.0.

I was told the decrease in eastrogen was responsible for sleep deprivation - today I have been awake since 3.00am.

The other main symptom is general anxiety leading to social isolation and weight gain irrespective of nutrition and exercise - Looking in the mirror is so demoralising. I was advised that doubling up on the Sandrena would help and to use inofolic as I have become insulin resilient - https://inofolic.org.uk/weight-problems/

Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle these matters?  My sleep hygiene is good as is my diet and exercise regime, although by no means flawless as sometimes a glass of wine, pizza and mince pie is what gets me through the day.

Look forward to hearing from you.

JJ65

Re: Sleep Deprivation and Tree Trunk Body
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

Findtyler hello there know exactly how you feel about sleep deprivation was up all night which is so regular for 4 yrs or more have started evorel patches today however think i will have same problems as with tablets have tried elleste duet femoston 1/10 & 2/10 in last 2.5 yrs had acupuncture for 4 months then back on femoston 2/10  have suffered severe side effects which has been the reason for changing but doctor said was nothing else !! A month ago in desperation after climbing the walls for 5 nights in a row had scratched scalp and ears until bleeding i went back had read about patches i was very insistent i wanted to try them she made me take thyroid test which was normal then reluctantly gave me patches cost 2 prescription charges and only 1 month supply !! I noticed a thread on here last night and my terrible anxiety symptoms non existant labido scalp ears and groin eczema bloating arent suited to combined hrt so think patches will be same . God sorry am having period from hell so hormonal exhausted have just sat down for a nap but got loads to do no energy to do it am hoping someone will reply to you cos im desperate too .

Hurdity

Re: Sleep Deprivation and Tree Trunk Body
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »

Hi Findtyler

My first thought was too much progesterone but I see from your profile that we've already discussed this and you are using Cerazette for contraception and the extra prog to oppose the oestrogen. This being the case as I think I mentioned before you will most likely need much more oestrogen to feel good and have you thought of having the Mirena instead (which was what was discussed before) and then you wouldn't need the utrogestan? Not sure what you mean by oestrogen marker - was that (100) a result of blood tests and what were the units? If pmol/l then that is low although one reading on its own is not definitive as levels do vary.

Hopefully you will feel better once you increase your oestrogen? Sounds like you are doing the right things - nothing wrong with the odd treat as long as pizza, mince-pies and wine are part of your daily normal diet! Heavens we have to have treats. I can't eat a normal diet bread, pasta, spuds, pastry, choc, wine everyday) without putting on weight but I certainly allow myself these things now and again - and over Christmas it will all go out of the window for the whole 12 days  ::).

Have you had your thyroid checked? This could be the cause of weight gain - and insulin resistance I thought could be brought on by excess weight and too many carbs/sugars - but sounds like this doesn't apply to you?

Hurdity x