Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is Menopace any good?!  (Read 9442 times)

Julie866

Is Menopace any good?!
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »

Hi - can anyone share any info they may have on Menopace, mainly does it work and how long does it take to ‘kick in'?! I had a hysterectomy almost 20 years ago when I was in my early 30s and then had years of HRT up until around 3 years ago, in the past couple of years I've noticed that I'm getting really hot every morning and my moods are pretty grotty too. Seen my gp who was great, she pointed out that I am at the prime age for the menopause and I can/will still go through it (again!). She suggested thinking about trying HRT again and so I thought I'd try something ‘over the counter' first. So any input on Menopace would be great...thanks in advance..

Daisydot

Re: Is Menopace any good?!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »

Hi Julie from personal experience save your money.listen to your GP and get back on the HRT there's been great advances on the options available.I mirror you exactly and wish I'd found this website and forum years ago.Dr Currie has just advised me to ask for transdermal gel or patches as I only need  oestrogen and for vaginal use estriol cream,I have appoint,ent this week with GP.to discuss and action.your very lucky to have such an on the ball GP.I don't which is why I asked Dr Currie for advice.good luck and I'm sure some of our really knowledgeable ladies here will be on soon to give you good advice.xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:26:54 AM »

Hi Julie866

:welcomemm:

Personally I wouldn't bother with the Menopace. There are several women on here who have been through a second menopause after  a hysterectomy (annie0710 being one I can rember you may want to have a look at some of her posts) Your GP sounds like she is on ball and has given you some good advice.
Let us know what you decide and good luck.

Lanzalover x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »

Menopause is simply a good multivitamin - it won't stop menopause symptoms.  It's better to be on oestrogen HRT if still getting flushes etc.  especially if you have had a hysterectomy - oestrogen will protect your heart and bones for the longer term.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »

Hi Julie866

:welcomemm:

Just to clarify - in terms of what the doctor said - it depends on whether you had your ovaries removed at the time of your hysterectomy. If so then you went through menopause then and will not do so again. What your doctor is referring to is the fact that some women who take HRT go through as period of flushes and sweats when they stop as a result of oestrogen withdrawal - at whatever age/stage they stop, and of course the long-term oestrogen deficiency symptoms begin to kick in after stopping HRT once you are post-menopause (eg bone loss, vaginal atrophy, potential deterioration in cardio-vascular system). This is not menopause as such and you don't need to experience those symptoms! As your doc says you are only just at the average age of natural menopause (51/52) so any risks up until this age do not count. However - great that she has suggested HRT again - go for it and you will not regret it :). What type were you taking? I agree with the others - don't bother with the Menopace but do make sure your diet is good and improve if necessary (lots of fresh foods especially fruit and veg, also nuts fish, low fat dairy, cut down fat sugar and refined carbs, take more exercise - and your body will thank you for it. :)

Hurdity x

knorman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »

I have tried every natural supplement going, plus a magnet in my knickers, nothing has worked so finally started taking HRT. Evening flushes went in 10 days, flushes in bed went in 2-3 weeks. Very much wish I hadn't wasted my money, but some women swear by the natural remedies.  I wish I had cut to the chase with the HRT and stopped a few years of misery.