Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Been on HRT for 2+ yrs and NOW got sore breasts..any advice??  (Read 970 times)

Melissa

Been on HRT for 2+ yrs and NOW got sore breasts..any advice??
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »

I've been on various guises of HRT for 2 years and two months ago finally settled on my ideal; Everol 75mg patches which were working a treat. Then last week I developed sore breasts the like of which I've never known. I can't sleep on my front, can't exercise, wear anything tight etc etc. Has this happened to anyone else once they're SETTLED into their HRT programme? xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Been on HRT for 2+ yrs and NOW got sore breasts..any advice??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM

You are on quite a high dose of oestrogen so sore breasts will be a side effect.  This should settle as the body adjusts.
Pleased you are generally feeling better. Are you just on oestrogen or are you on a combined HRT regime?  DG x

Melissa

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »

I have just oestrogen patches and have a mirena coil for the progesterone...it's taken a while to get to the 'right' combination that suits me. The only (massive) downside is the amount of weight I'm putting on :-(
Do you think the sore breasts will settle? And is it normal to have happened given I've been on the patches for just over 2 months?
Thanks you :-)))

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »

The sore breasts should settle but this could fluctuate.  I'm afraid, whether on HRT or not, when meno hits, we simply have to eat less!!! DG x