Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Latest menopause clinic appointment  (Read 1237 times)

Tinkerbellj

Latest menopause clinic appointment
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »

So had my appointment and saw the head consultant.  Really dont know what to make of it. After three years I still dont feel any better. I am on four pumps of oestrogen and utrogesterone 200mg day 17-28  I am peri and have just turned 49 . Apparently I am so tired because I have two children under 6 and there is a reason women in their 40's dont have babies. Then it was..who told u to do that regime ehhh u did!! So she changed it to days 1-12 every month and I can decide how much of each I need! ? And I should consider antidepressants. ..so disappointed

Hurdity

Re: Latest menopause clinic appointment
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your menopause clinic appointment. I'm also confused. Has the consultant just changed your progesterone from Days 17-28 to Days 1-12? I can't see why unless your HRT cycle is totally out of sync with your own cycle? I presume you will still be taking the oestrogen every day? This is appalling to tell you that about babies - how insensitive! If women weren't supposed to have babies in their 40's then we wouldn't be fertile then! That is absolute rubbish - women in their 40's are so young. Of course you will be tired with two young children. However if you have symptoms that seem to be more than normal tiredness it should be investigated. Have you had blood tests to look at iron, vitamins thyroid function etc - and is your diet good? As for anti-depressants - what is it with doctors that they feel they need to hand these out willy nilly to any woman who still has symptoms - talk about a nation being hooked on happy pills! They have their place - but not to the extent that they are being offered to menopausal women too much of the time! I do hope you manage to get on top of your tiredness soon...

Hurdity x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »

Oh hurdity thank u so much. I have been thru  three years of hell. I have been tested for everything under the sun. I have pernicious anaemia but it is being treated. I have had fibro for 25 yrs they keep saying its that but its not. Its a different tiredness and the joint pains r unbearable. I am going round and round and no one cares. I even had cbt and therapy and saw a psychiatrist but I know this is hormonal. No idea why she changed it. She also took bloods to check my oestrogen levels. My periods were as regular as clockwork until three months ago when even when I stop the progesterone there is no bleed or very little. Before I had a bleed every four weeks without even needing the progesterone.  She couldn't have been less interested

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »

Just wanted to say I am so so sorry to hear this. It is so so hard when Drs make assumptions and comments when you know something hormonal is going on.

Was it an NHS appointment? I have no suggestions but I just wanted to say I I hope there is some answer and relief for you soon.

Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:20:48 PM »

Hello Tinkerbellj.

So sorry that you are having these problems.

When you say that you have been tested for everything under the sun I assume that includes Rheumatoid Arthritis? I'm sure you know that having one auto immune condition makes it  likely to develop another so looking for antibodies and inflammatory markers should be routine.

It's so frustrating when the medical profession can't help us and I'm sure everyone on the forum sympathises with you and shares your despair.  You'd think that menopausal problems were as rare as hen's teeth instead of being  common occurrence.

Take care and I hope you find a solution soon.

K.