Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Told estrogen intolerant???  (Read 1384 times)

slightlymad

Told estrogen intolerant???
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »

I had previously posted on new members but confused.
 Dont know what to make of this but nurse wouldnt give me any estrogen patch  as wanted something with progesterone as well.
I asked about alternatives  then told she suspects i am estrogen intolerant???
She had considered progynova but couldnt come up with a suitable progesterone.
Then said as I had tried a few other hrts that this wouldnt help as estrogen intolerant so given low dose citalopram.
so back to ssri's
Not really happy with this but dont know where to turn tbh.
Is it possible to be estrogen intolerant and done old dr google and found nothing.

Taz2

Re: Told estrogen intolerant???
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »

Hi slightlymad - this is a previous thread talking about oestrogen intolerance - not sure if it's helpful - but I'm sure someone else will be along soon with knowledge of this. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=27697.0

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 07:49:48 PM »

Hi slightlymad

AAAAAArrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I can't believe your treatment! I have just read your other thread. What is she talking about? Oestrogen intoelrance  - just because you haven't found an HRT type to suit you yet? This beggars belief - yet again. Too many women experience poor treatment from their local practice!

You absolutely should not have been given ADs for menopausal symtppms and if I were you I would not take them! This is the wrong prescription. if you are peri-menopausal and have menopausal symptoms then you need HRT and especially as you did not ask for nor want these drugs?

I don't know from your other posts how old you are, and also what your periods are doing.? I'm not clear whether you do in fact have a Mirena in place still? I don't understand how it can disappear unless it fell out but surely you would know this?

Please let us advise you again on different types of HRT, but we need to know about the Mirena and your periods symptoms and age first.

Do not despair - all is not lost - but once we know more we can help you and then you can go back to your doc armed with the right information, and which HRT you would like to try...You mentioned blood tests - may I ask what was tested and also if you have the results - if it was oestrogen or FSH? it's good to have actual readings. Maybe you can access these online or ask your repectionist for a print-out to keep.

Hopefully we can help guide you towards the right treatment soon :)

Hurdity x

slightlymad

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »

Hi Hurdity
I am 53 had a bleed in May and another in July nothing since, and yes the mirena fell out twice lol
The blood tests were just to confirm diagnosis of IBS and to rule out other possibilities all results came back good so IBS was confirmed,
never had FSH etc tested.
Symptoms are swings from severe anxiety to depression. Terrible night sweats and aching joints. and no libido.
I am just sick of it all at times any advice would be gratefully received.