Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood tests question and progesterone/ultragestan question  (Read 803 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Blood tests question and progesterone/ultragestan question
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:43:41 PM »

Hi,

I have seen on here that some people have had very comprehensive blood tests privately that have helped inform decisions regarding their HRT.

Would anyone be willing to share what they had done and how it helped?

I am ok today but have been incredibly up and down after getting acute anxiety 2 months into Evorel Sequi. 2 weeks ago I changed to Estrogel 1 pump (upped to two pumps now) and Ultrogestan 200 mg tablets orally.

I am worried about side effects from ultrogestan kicking in after a month or so and going through a lot more trial and error.

It's making me wonder about going privately as I have read here that 200 mg of ultragestan is quite a lot. I don't know if I am progesterone intolerant or not. I certainly felt low in pregnancy and this lifted after the birth.

My gp says the progesterone in ultrogestan is less than I would have had in pregnancy and more mimics that which I may have had in a normal cycle. I have always had PMS for a few days before my period which lifted almost as soon as I came on. Pms became much worse in peri.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:47:19 PM by Mindfulmoomins »