Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patch v Gell  (Read 1115 times)

Spangles

Patch v Gell
« on: December 25, 2017, 10:29:50 PM »

Hi,
I'm currently using Evorel 50 patch, Utrogestan 20 (12 days), 30 mg Citalopram.
I didn't get any PMT before my last bleed, instead it came halfway through. That was two weeks ago, anxiety it rising as are symptoms that go with it.
I done really want to change my HRT as its the best (but not perfect) regime I've found.
However I was wonders if any one could tell me about gell HRT as I'm not up to speed with it having never used it, is it better than the patch?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Tinkerbell

Re: Patch v Gell
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »

Personally I didn't get on with patches as I had a problem the adhesive causing irritation, i changed to Estrogel and prefer it.

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:19:46 AM »

Hi Tinkerbell,
What is better about the gel? Do you still need as much progesterone?
Thanks

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 12:14:01 PM »

Gel for me too.   I've answered on the other thread but reading Tinkerbell's post reminds me, I also had horrible skin irritation.

peri

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »

Shellb I tried the gel but didn't manage more than 4/5 day's on it and went back to patches.  I can only assume i wasn't absorbing it as I felt terrible very quickly.  Strange really as I believe it's the same stuff, just different delivery.  You could always try it and (keep some patches in reserve) go back to the evorel if you don't get on with gel x

Jinja

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:35 PM »

Hi,
I started on the gel 2 pumps but have now changed to everol 100 patches, to be honest I feel pretty much the same and think I may have to increase further but for ease of use, for me, I prefer the patches it's just less messy and I only have to remember to change them twice a week