Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Borderline Blood results!!!  (Read 2142 times)

robotwars

Borderline Blood results!!!
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »

Do you ever feel that you just go round in circles, back at beginning of November I went to see My GP as I have been feeling so rubbish with menopause symptoms, she said that I had to go for a pelvic scan, have full blood works and come back for an internal as she cant do it today, I had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment to have my blood done, which I have had a call from the receptionist to tell me I have to book in again as its borderline!! not sure what is, so I now have an appointment first week of Jan, plus finally have an appointment for pelvic scan in jan too....... just seems to be taking ages to get any results, I also have an appointment tomorrow to have the internal exam,  my brain is going crazy and I'm worrying myself something stupid as my doctor said she was checking for ovarian cancer and that's all I can think off, at the moment its really ruining my Christmas as that's all I can think off, I'm struggling to take my mind of it..... what a nightmare. I did have a pelvic scan a year ago and the result was that my lining was thick.
I originally went to the GP to ask if I could try the HRT Gel, but months later I'm still going through the tests.... Aaghhhhhh -

Ginger2004

Re: Borderline Blood results!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are going through all this anxiety.

How did the appointment with your Doctor go for the internal exam, did you get any answers to put your mind at ease?

Ginger

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

Hi Ginger, the internal was ok, she took swabs which I'm waiting result off, but she also told me that the reason I have to have my blood redone is because my white cell count is too high!!! I'm not quite sure what that means, she also said that my levels are high for diabetes and I should rethink my life style and diet, she is sending through some info and I have another appointment beginning of jan, plus pelvic scan end dec. I thought my life style was quite good, I don't drink, don't smoke and I'm not overweight, I only weigh 8 stone 10...

losttheplot

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »

sometimes raised white blood cell results can be because you are fighting an infection, and tbh that could explain the raised blood sugar , it could also be because you are fighting an infection. Try not to worry too much. If you are able to exercise ie walking or swimming etc then that can only be a good thing. Also, do look at your diet, there is hidden sugar in lots of foods, may be its time to see if your diet is balanced?

MsSpaz

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »

I totally know what  you mean about the waiting and this is the worst time of year to have something like this on your mind!

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 04:42:26 PM »

Hello robotwars.

So sorry that you have all this worry.

Is it worth researching type 2 diabetes to see if there is anything you can do to lower your risk. I was in a pharmacy the other day and saw a poster advising diabetics to reduce consumption of saturated fat which apparently means eat less meat and diary. Would that be something that you could do?

Hopefully your tests will be fine and if you find ways to improve your lifestyle that would be a bonus.

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »

Hi robotwars - I answered on your other thread which was similar.

Hurdity x