Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Oestrogel v oestrodose  (Read 9438 times)

Linsey44

Re: Oestrogel v oestrodose
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »

Hi

Thought I would update.  I was going to get a private prescription for proper oestrogel but thought i would have a crack at getting it on nhs from my own gp.

Emailed gp for repeat prescription requesting and explaining why i  wanted original oestrogel not oestrodose and instead of getting them to send it straight to pharmacy, i opted to collect it at surgery so i could check it.  Credit to gp as it was clearly detailed not oestrodose.

At pharmacy (actual pharmacist) took it, read it and said be 20mins, at that point alarm bells rung - i then said i dont want oestrodose the script says oestrogel.  She snapped back its the same thing.

I then snapped back well actually you are only partly correct it may be the same active ingredient but the carrier agent /gel is different and believe you me if you had the misfortune of using oestrodose you wouldnt be long in sharing my view.

After a long sigh (hers not mine) she  told me she will order it in and it will be 24hrs for collection.

It would appear that for whatever reason its the pharmacy that decides whats best for us mere mortals!!

Fingers crossed its the real mccoy when i go to collect it

Linseyx

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »

Linsey my experience last week was very similar

I'd put a repeat in and as usual I wrote ‘ please order oestrogel NOT oestrodose'

When to pharmacy and they said they hadn't been given a prescription, I said while I'm here can I say again I don't want oestrodose anymore, they said it's docs fault and go to reception, so I did.  Receptionist said it says in my notes NOT oestrodose.  So they gave me the script to pop to pharmacy.  Pharmacist brought both out and said tell us what you want and why you don't want the other, so I explained my symptoms come back on oestrodose then I said it makes me itchy, so they popped back to Drs to tell them.  I wonder how next script will go

Linsey44

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »

Annie, its unbelievable that we get questioned like this.

My biggest pharmacy gripe is they are quick to dispense to addicts i assume cos its a nice little money earner for them yet we are made to feel like we almost begging for meds for circumstances forced upon us by nature.

Rant over

Linsey x

Linsey44

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

Hi

Latest on the oestrogel /oestrodose saga.  Despite gp stating oestrogel and despite me telling pharmacist exactly what i wanted.  I went to collect and it was oestrodose.  After a debate i told them i wasnt accepting oestrodose and i quoted what gypseyroselee said -  you need to phone  this in and not submit it electronically so that someone literally has to be told to pick it or else it defaults to oestrodose.

Pharmacist said this is unlikely to work but to come back on wednesday.

How annoying this is.

Linsey x

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:21 PM »

It's really frustrating isn't it? I'm pinning my hopes on my pharmacy remembering, the fact he walked around to the docs with me might jog his memory lol.x

Linsey44

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »

Wooohooo

Collected proper oestrolgel today from a high st chemist after telling them to phone order in rather than request electronically thru system.

When i collected it the pharmacist was rather surprised it has worked.

Happy days

Linseyx

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

:parti: :parti:

Daisydot

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »

I was recently changed to Estrogel pump form the patches and although I prefer that delivery system I couldn’t get it from chemist here(boots) they actually gave me oestrodose said same thing I didn’t bother arguing as had bad day that day.ive been using it now 3 weeks and although I’m ok on it I still feel kinda flat,not teary or anxious just very flat!
Anyway I thought I’d try the online clinic in Harley street so I had a gp consultation,I sent him copies of my meds prescribed by the consultant and explained why I wanted Oestrogel and not oestrodose.I paid £29,99 for my consultation my private prescription and my actual meds and this included first class delivery by Royal Mail so total if £29.99 ordered and received next day.im very pleased with the service and it was indeed Oestrogel I’ve just had delivered.I have gp appointment next week so when I get my prescription I will go to Superdrug armed with my box I got today and ask him to phone suppliers and ensure I get the Oestrogel.I was happy to do what I did though and I’m dying to see if there’s any improvement xx
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:29:20 PM by Daisydot »

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 01:17:34 PM »

Sounds like the Harley St Clinic I've used for Oestrogel.  I made a strong point to the gps and they spoke with the pharmacist and I showed them the correct box to order.  I picked up another prescription last week and they got it right ! Hopefully it'll always be ok now d

Mary G

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »

It sounds like the pharmacy Professor Studd sent me to.   It's a great place with good service and they always supply proper Oestrogel. 

Linsey44

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »

Hi can someone please PM me the name of the online pharmacy that you refer to.

I would like to order a few bottles tomhave as spares

Thanks

Linsey x

Daisydot

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »

Hi linsey it's called “the online clinic”

Linsey44

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »

Hi thank you.  I had been on that site before and just wondered if it was the same one you were discussing

Linseyx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »

I haven't felt any difference symptom wise between the two but the oestrodose causes me more skin irritation than the oestrogel.

I picked up my prescription for it today but pharmacist wouldn't give me the oestrogel , which I spotted on the shelf and said my prescription was for Estradiol so could only give me the Oestrodose.
I was even more annoyed as they only had one box of that and I have to return to get the other one I am owed, yet sat on the shelf were several bottles of the oestrogel.

Daisydot

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 10:48:29 PM »

I noticed tonight my leg didn't sting after I'd put it on like it did with oestrodose and it dried much quicker and I'm sure it didn't smell as alcoholy as the oestrodose I'm going to increase my dosage now to two squirts as I'm still not quite feeling there yet,consultant said do a gradual increase as I need it to protect against fractures due to them taking me off oestrogen too early and being off it for years.x
Pages: 1 [2] 3