Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrodose/estrogel  (Read 4131 times)

Conolly

Re: Estrodose/estrogel
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »

Oestrogel box and Oestrodose (relabelled) bottle.

Oestrodose box.

Oestrogel bottle and Oestrodose bottle.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:11:16 PM by Conolly »

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »

Hi again Donna-paul

I'm a bit confused by what your pharmacist said to be honest. You said he phoned the manufacturer who said the ingredients were different? This is puzzling as it is totally contrary to the information I was given by Besins who said it was just one product that was manufactured and packaged differently for the different markets.

To clarify about the European markets: as I explained on the other (long-running) thread, the estradiol gel which Besins makes is packaged into different plastic canisters and boxes according to where in the EU it is to be used. In UK ( maybe the only country in EU?) it is called Oestrogel but everywhere else including the countries it was originally made in and for (Belgium and France?) it is called Oestrodose. This will be what the pharmacist meant by that comment. I would be very surprised if Besins told him they were different (in composition).

As I mentioned on the other long thread there are intermediaries who buy Oestrodose in bulk from Besins slightly cheaper than they can get the UK packaged Oestrogel, and it is imported by other companies who supply the pharmacies. However unless there is something shady going on (as I have also said many times) these two products will be identical (unless as I've said previously Oestrodose is stored in unfavourable conditions by the intermediary companies, although there have been extensive stability studies according to Besins – ie it's been tested at different temperatures for different lengths of time.) which is why it is so important to report any reactions.

Anyway from your point of view the most important thing is that you feel better (soon) but it would help everyone to provide info about this particular batch – the batch number of the Oestrodose should be on the canister?

Hurdity x

Donna-paul

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 08:20:37 PM »

Hi again Donna-paul

I'm a bit confused by what your pharmacist said to be honest. You said he phoned the manufacturer who said the ingredients were different? This is puzzling as it is totally contrary to the information I was given by Besins who said it was just one product that was manufactured and packaged differently for the different markets.

To clarify about the European markets: as I explained on the other (long-running) thread, the estradiol gel which Besins makes is packaged into different plastic canisters and boxes according to where in the EU it is to be used. In UK ( maybe the only country in EU?) it is called Oestrogel but everywhere else including the countries it was originally made in and for (Belgium and France?) it is called Oestrodose. This will be what the pharmacist meant by that comment. I would be very surprised if Besins told him they were different (in composition).

As I mentioned on the other long thread there are intermediaries who buy Oestrodose in bulk from Besins slightly cheaper than they can get the UK packaged Oestrogel, and it is imported by other companies who supply the pharmacies. However unless there is something shady going on (as I have also said many times) these two products will be identical (unless as I've said previously Oestrodose is stored in unfavourable conditions by the intermediary companies, although there have been extensive stability studies according to Besins – ie it's been tested at different temperatures for different lengths of time.) which is why it is so important to report any reactions.

Anyway from your point of view the most important thing is that you feel better (soon) but it would help everyone to provide info about this particular batch – the batch number of the Oestrodose should be on the canister?

Hurdity x

I really don't understand the pharmacist didn't really explain properly  just it same product but could have been made different ies like fillers in tablets also some are for European and others not. I don't think he was telling me everything! Is there any other women had problems can you see batch number on the pics collenly kindly put on everything got stickers put overtop!

Conolly

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »

Posting a bigger pic so you can see the 'Lot' (batch) number on the French Oestrodose.

Pages: 1 [2]