Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Need advice re changing hrt  (Read 951 times)

Sarai

Need advice re changing hrt
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »

I've been on Evorel conti 50 for 8 months which I've discovered is not low dose but medium. I'd like lowest oestrogen possible on advice of consultant due to blood clot possibility. I don't have meno symptoms just want bone support.
It's ok but had spotting each month and now really sore big boobs.
Is there an oestrogen patch that's lower than 50 and a like a pessary of progesterone.
I don't want pills to swallow as I react to most pills, plus I don't really want a bleed. I haven't missed bleeds one bit over the last 22 months.
Is that too big an ask or is it possible ?

nobodysdriving

Re: Need advice re changing hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »

Hi Sarai

you could try oestrogel, it is an oestrogen 'gel', as such you can titrate the dose much more easily.  It is a gel you apply to arms/shoulders/inner thighs every day, usual dosage around 2 pumps but there is women taking one pump or one and a half etc...
Have a look at the 'oestrogel/utrogestan' thread (quite long but very good reading material)
For progesterone: the utrogestan can be taken orally AND vaginally, however I am not sure if you would like to have it vaginally every day....I would find this a nuisance (every day), so then the other option is for continuous oral progesterone (which you said you would not want..oral) or a Mirena coil, not sure if any other options, others can chip with this info of course.

Sarai

Re: Need advice re changing hrt
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 03:03:43 PM »

Thanks nobodysdriving I will take a look at the very long thread as you suggest. I never actually needed hrt for meno symptoms but chose it fir my bones after fractures as I don't want bisphosphonates.